• ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Cleaner / Oil thread #374

Anyone ever try this snake oil? I'm always looking for the latest and greatest... kind of.

From what I understand, nothing monumental has changed in terms of lubricants over the past 38 centuries.

So what I look for is something that isn't messy, and doesn't smell bad. I clean guns in the living room or in my office. Currently using G96, which is similar to ballistol. But it's getting pricey.

FWIW, my regimine is G96 and toothbrush everywhere, Hoppes down the bore (or JB bore paste if it's not shining like new) Slide Glide on rails (or bolts), and then final G96 wipe down.

https://www.shooterlube.com/

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Military Camp

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I did read that FL thread awhile back and just re-skimmed thru it. Seems like he possibly maybe hinted at using remoil?

Sent from my SIG Sauer

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Cleaner / Oil thread #374

Anyone ever try this snake oil? I'm always looking for the latest and greatest... kind of.

From what I understand, nothing monumental has changed in terms of lubricants over the past 38 centuries.

So what I look for is something that isn't messy, and doesn't smell bad. I clean guns in the living room or in my office. Currently using G96, which is similar to ballistol. But it's getting pricey.

FWIW, my regimine is G96 and toothbrush everywhere, Hoppes down the bore (or JB bore paste if it's not shining like new) Slide Glide on rails (or bolts), and then final G96 wipe down.

https://www.shooterlube.com/

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    I have Shooter Lube stage one (cleaner) and two (oil). I'm not going to say it's better, but I find it easy to use and it doesn't have a heavy smell like other brands.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I have Shooter Lube stage one (cleaner) and two (oil). I'm not going to say it's better, but I find it easy to use and it doesn't have a heavy smell like other brands.
    Good to know. Like I mentioned, the smell is really the big concern. I have found that rem oil is a little messy, but I might give it another try.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Good to know. Like I mentioned, the smell is really the big concern. I have found that rem oil is a little messy, but I might give it another try.

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    As far as cleaners and oils go it's a competitive price. I do like that the cleaner nozzle is more of a mist and seems to apply easier. I also got the needle applicator for the oil bottle and that works great in getting oil to the places I want rather than all over. I clean my AR's with Shooter Lube, but still use synthetic grease to lube them.

Top Bottom