• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They done zumbofudded themselves.

Just incase you wanna tell them just how zumbofudded they are....their phone number is (505) 888-1835 and they open at 930. I UNDERSTAND THEY DID GIVE THE KID BACK HIS GUN AFTER CONTACTING THE ATF.

Zumbofudded indeed!

I got more important things to do but I'm sure someone might want to remind them just how big of a screw up they made and how the whole world knows it. Lol. Being that stupid should at least be uncomfortable.

Before any handwringing panzy ars screams about doxxing or any of that BS they are a buisness open to the public that maintains a web site, Facebook page etc. If mods wanna remove the number go ahead it takes 1.567 seconds to find it if one is so inclined.

By the way they could lose their FFL if they didn't record that gun in their book and follow the stupid rule about frames and serial numbers iirc. I mean since Biden’s BATFE has zero tolerance for such paperwork errors and rule violation now.

Wouldn't that be appropriate karma?

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    By the way they could lose their FFL if they didn't record that gun in their book and follow the stupid rule about frames and serial numbers iirc. I mean since Biden’s BATFE has zero tolerance for such paperwork errors and rule violation now.

Wouldn't that be appropriate karma?
    :roflsmile:

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Gun store committed theft of a firearm. And also business suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've kinda wondered that why individuals especially or why FFLs try to play the role of ATF officer. Some jackass at the range wants to see my tax stamp for a SBR or suppressor? Show me a badge. Some FFL feels like confiscating my gun because they're too stupid to understand the rules governing them? Show me your badge. Call the police, without any breaking of the law, you have no jurisdiction or right to confiscate my personal property.

And like you said; anyone who hears of the story will never shop there, plus it really attracts attention from your local ATF field office to review what the hell you're even doing there.

I guess my only question is if you have a P80 or dagger, or any other gun, why are you bringing it to a gun store to see if a holster and magazine will fit? Maybe a rookie mistake, who knows.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I've kinda wondered that why individuals especially or why FFLs try to play the role of ATF officer. Some jackass at the range wants to see my tax stamp for a SBR or suppressor? Show me a badge. Some FFL feels like confiscating my gun because they're too stupid to understand the rules governing them? Show me your badge. Call the police, without any breaking of the law, you have no jurisdiction or right to confiscate my personal property.

And like you said; anyone who hears of the story will never shop there, plus it really attracts attention from your local ATF field office to review what the hell you're even doing there.

I guess my only question is if you have a P80 or dagger, or any other gun, why are you bringing it to a gun store to see if a holster and magazine will fit? Maybe a rookie mistake, who knows.

I would assume rookie mistake as well. The guy was young. But how did it end up in the fudds hands in the first place? Did he forcefully take it? Did the kid hand it over? And this situation took days to even get somewhere. The local PD didn’t even respond before the store closed. If it was me they’d have to respond cause I ain’t going nowhere until you hand me back my gun. Now that this is in PDs hands hopefully he gets it back. I bet it’ll take a while though.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I would assume rookie mistake as well. The guy was young. But how did it end up in the fudds hands in the first place? Did he forcefully take it? Did the kid hand it over? And this situation took days to even get somewhere. The local PD didn’t even respond before the store closed. If it was me they’d have to respond cause I ain’t going nowhere until you hand me back my gun. Now that this is in PDs hands hopefully he gets it back. I bet it’ll take a while though.

I kinda assume kid walks in with the gun in a case of some sort; says I've got a pistol, I think I need a glock 19 magazine and holster, do you have any? And the clerk asked to see it to verify what he needs, didn't really know what he was looking at so he started looking for manufacturer info and noticed there wasn't a serial or manufacturer info on the gun and went full FUD and kept it behind the counter with him.

Kid probably left, told his parents, call a lawyer or PD and its now a gun forum news story. I probably would have called the police before leaving the counter if the FFL refused to give my property back. If the local police knew anything about firearms they should have ordered the FFL to give it back, at which point the FUDFFL would have refused saying it was an ATF matter scaring off local PD.

I hope he gets his pistol back and a nice settlement check from that gun store. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Even if a known felon walks in with an obviously illegal gun like a glock switch, SBR, or whatever, what benefit is it to them to call the ATF with a stolen gun (by them)?

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    ATF told the FFL to serialize the gun so it could be put into SDen’s book. The shop then could not return it to the young man since they can only take it from their book as a DROS-complete with background check.
    I’m glad Albuquerque PD took the P80 and hope it’s back with it’s rightful owner.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I can only assume the store thought it was being probed in a sting op and thought it best to over-comply.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...Must be something in the water...

That's funny since your video is the YT reporter who ends each video with the sound of urination.

There's something weird about that guy.

As for the topic, hasn't this already been covered on TGT? I'm looking for a thread to merge but I can't find it.

Last thing - The sequence of events is being reported very differently in different places. At least one credible report says the shop called the ATF before they took the gun and the ATF told them to take it, only to change their mind the next day.

Top Bottom