• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddmike45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Conroe
    All of us at Shooter's Station would like to thank all the TGT guys who helped make our Grand Opening a success. It was a pleasure to meet you guys. There are a few issues to be worked out, but for the most part I was very happy with the event.
    Scott, the A/C issue will be worked out in no time. Chuck gave me some very informative and helpful ideas on that issue.
    Also, we have removed the "No long gun case" rule.....We will allow long guns to be brought in cased, with a visual inspection of the contents at the front sign-in counter.

MaddMike

Rainman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Montgomery County, Texas
    I did not see any left handed lanes on the side we were on but then again I was not looking either..

I would guess that crossfire could happen pretty easy between lanes. We will just have to be careful...

Lanes 1-6,( the right side) are fixed ambi benchs. Lanes 7-12 (where our members shot during the outing) have convertable drop benches designed to accomodate position shooters, but only have right handed benchrests.

Lefty's use lanes 1-6 if you want a rock solid left hand bench. These benches are nuke proof solid.
    We are indeed Lefty friendly, as we even sell left handed ammo, and hard to find left handed Dr. Pepper. (We're getting left handed bore brushes and cleaning patches in soon too!)

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have specific questions or concerns. This is a unique and new range, and we know it will not be without teething pains. We are counting on patient and constructive feedback to help us improve your shooting experiance.

Oh, Heya Mike... I'll be up to spend my paycheck later this PM...LOL

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Lanes 1-6,( the right side) are fixed ambi benchs. ...rock solid...

That does not sound good for me. I'm liable to spend all my free hours there if I can drop my butt on a chair and shoot 100 yards in a/c.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Thanks Mike and Rainman. It sounds like you guys are definitely shaping up to be an excellent range. I'm going to try to make it up there before range day and I have a feeling it is going to become a TGT favorite.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My neighbor went to the opening yesterday and had a great time. ('Course, his wife buying him an STI 1911 for his birthday had him in a good mood!) I've been up to the store a couple of times this month and the improvements are great!

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    That does not sound good for me. I'm liable to spend all my free hours there if I can drop my butt on a chair and shoot 100 yards in a/c.

Wait till you see the bad ass chairs they have on that range. I wish I would have taken some pics from inside the other 100 yard range that had the ambi-benches. They have some super nice office-style executive chairs in there. I would definitely loooove to shoot my Anschutz in there.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    The bolt on my rifle will not stay open with the muzzle down, and I carry too much crap in my drag bag to leave it in the truck. :(

I understand why, but wish the general public wasn't so clueless/careless.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Thread resurrection...

I'm needing to do some 100-yard ammo testing (.22LR) so I'm thinking of making the trek up to Shooters Station for their 100-yard indoor range. Anyone know how busy Sunday mornings are on the 100-yard range?

Thanks.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Thread resurrection...

I'm needing to do some 100-yard ammo testing (.22LR) so I'm thinking of making the trek up to Shooters Station for their 100-yard indoor range. Anyone know how busy Sunday mornings are on the 100-yard range?

Thanks.

Cant help you there as I try to go during the week when its not as busy.
    Would like to meet you there but I'am waiting on a pair of ear plugs from the place I got my hearing aids from and they will fit like my aids.

pupjoint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Montgomery county, Tx
    At $15 bucks an hour, it seems expensive. I don't mind sweating a little bit and really don't mind the walk to replace targets, I'm sure that some of us need the exercise. Thanks

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Range is only half-open due to power outage. No 100-yard lanes for now. Going to hang out in the area for a bit in the hopes that the power gets fixed.

Edit to add: Got tired of waiting and bailed out (came back home). The place seemed nice and the staff were fine. They got the 25-yard/pistol side partially running off the in-house generator so I was able to do a little off-hand practice, but that was not why I drove all the way up there.

Oh well.

Last edited:

pjl169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    Houston TX
    what is the max caliber at this indoor 100 yard? Love to sight in my 7mm without the influence of the crazy texas winds. whats the set up like? bench rest?

Top Bottom