• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I am getting a little tired of drills and target shooting.I want to shoot some stuff but dont want to make to big of a mess.What are all yall shootin?Got any good ideas I already shot up all m left over veg from the garden.
    Gun Zone Deals

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I shoot a lot of steel. I've also got some 3' long 8" HDPE pipe sections that I use for shotgun targets. They last forever and go flying like people do in the movies when you hit 'em. Pistols and rifles go right through them, but shotguns work great.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Fried hard-drives are a good start. Then, I like to shoot all the "junk mail" CDs and DVDs the mailman delivers.

Had a problem possum in the garage once, he made a pretty good target, but the mess was not easy to clean up (arterial shot, blood everywhere).

I once shot the buttons off an old shirt; blasted a CRT monitor, lit up an old refrigerator, drilled some expired phone books, annihilated an empty propane bottle, dispatched a filled water bottle, and blasted plenty of empty cans with everything from .22 LR to .45 Colt.

Clay targets set on a berm make good reactive targets.

Just about anything you have lying around are worth giving a shot.

Alamocity

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    San Antonio, Republic of Texas
    While still a target, I think its a more interesting version... target.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For some reason the person I bought my house from left a crap load of empty paint cans. I've been using them for targets. They bounce around a little with most bullets, but they really take off when you shoot them with birdshot.

Some ranges will allow you to set clay pigeons on their berm. When I goto the range I do that. Lots of fun.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I make holders for clays out of old plywood pieces, use dowels to hold them in the ground. If you use 3/4" plywood to "cradle" the clays, you can drill the bottoms for the dowel, an' hold the clays with some light plywood you tack onto the cradles. Folks LOVE to shoot 'em like that...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I am having 2 junk cars drug out to our range next week along with a dozen windshields. Putting manaquins (sp?) behind the wheel...we are going do some training which will be alot more fun than the standard paper target stuff. If I remember I will take some pics.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I am having 2 junk cars drug out to our range next week along with a dozen windshields. Putting manaquins (sp?) behind the wheel...we are going do some training which will be alot more fun than the standard paper target stuff. If I remember I will take some pics.

Now that sounds like fun!!

Top Bottom