Join TexasGunTalk

Shop/Smith to swap sights on a Walther PPQ - Houston recommendation

Discussion in 'Houston' started by ExpensiveHobbies, Sep 27, 2017.

1. ExpensiveHobbies

ExpensiveHobbies New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I really enjoyed it. Good group of guys, pretty efficiently run, and valuable training. If you haven't ever done it before, I'd show up a bit early or call ahead. Explain you're new - you need to watch, understand rules, and be cleared as far as safety goes to participate. No one cares how quick of a "run and gunner" you are if you're being unsafe in any possible way (even if inadvertently). If you've shot before and just wanting to get back into the swing of things you'll be GTG. I wish I had more time to go myself.

2. ExpensiveHobbies

ExpensiveHobbies New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    FYI the guys up at Shiloh Range really took great care of me as always. Highest recommendations. AJ there was able to swap 2 sets of sights (Glock and Walther) both while I waited and sighted in another project. Very fair pricing!
    I then shot a USPSA match with them and had a blast. Great group of guys, excellent service, and I'll be using them again for sure.

3. andre3k

andre3k Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I guess we had opposite experiences. I had Shiloh install a set of Sevigny sights on a Glock right after they first opened. It's probably been almost 10 years ago, but they gouged my sight and slide up pretty good and tried to blend it in with a sharpie, which has long since worn off. I didn't make a big deal about it at the time because I knew they were just starting out and I didn't want to be an *******. But it bugs me every time I see it now. Despite that they're good people, I just hope they do better sight installs now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017