Shotgun Pictures

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
I guess it's about time for a general shotgun pictures thread.

This is my Mossberg Mavrick 88. It's basically a Model 500 with a cross-bolt safety instead of the standard top-mounted one. I bought it well used for $140 at a local shop. I've put a thousand or so rounds through it, and the only thing I had an issue with was one of the extractor claws breaking. It was a cheap part and easy to replace. It's a 28" barrel with interchangeable chokes, 12 gauge with a 3" chamber. It holds five 2-3/4" shells in the tube plus the one in the chamber.

I mounted this shell-holder on there a few years back. I can keep a few slugs around, and it makes a handy holder for spent shells so the cows don't eat them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
I have my old sears model 200 with some or her friends.I got this back in the 80s and nothing says hello in the middle of
toddguninsurance004.jpg
the night like a shotgun.

CarbonCycles

Apr 2, 2008
Austin, Texas
Texas Armadillo, it appears we have similar tastes...I've got the same setup except I've mixed a few 00 w/ several slugs in mine. It's always good to have something in case you need something with a little extra punch. Btw, I found the MM to have a much crisper trigger than the standard 870.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads