• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoWingo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Texas
    I'm looking for a shotgun range near Austin that offers Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clay, and/or 5-stand to prep for dove season. Basically, I just want to get out an put some rounds through the shotgun and hit some flying targets before showing up in the field.

All I've found so far is Capitol City Trap & Skeet Club out toward Manor, but they seem fairly expensive to me (though I'm not sure the going rate for a round of skeet).

Any thoughts? :1zhelp:
    Guns International

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    Eagle Peak out in Leander has shotgun facilities, check them out online at Eagle Peak Shooting Range - "+nowtitle+". I've never done shotguns there, but they're inexpensive and I've always been happy with the rifle range there.

DPSTX
    I’ve shot shotguns at Eagle Peak. It’s old fashioned, hand set, spring loaded throwers; it’s kind of a redneck version of Trap. No Skeet or sporting clays. Also, you need to bring your own clays. I don’t know if they sell them there, but if they do you don’t want to pay their price.
    Eagle Peak is a great place for rifles and pistols though.
    Capitol City is the only decent place that I’ve heard of for shotguns. Haven’t been there yet but I plan to go when the budget allows.

Top Bottom