• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    We live in the Humble/Houston area but my daughter and family will be staying with my in laws in San Antonio for the duration of the summer vacation. My daughter will be competing in two tournaments next month in mid July with one Comal County 4H shoot held at the Bexar County Range and the second 4H State Games at the National Shooting complex. My daughter will be practicing before the tournaments, and would like to know if anyone has shot at the San Antonio Gun Club and Place to shoot for shotgun training. She would go to National Shooting complex but the distance from where my in laws live and there is kind of far but the other two ranges are little more closer.
    Military Camp

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I have only done shotguns at lonestar handgun in converse. They do have a 10 station sporting clays section though that's pretty fun and challenging. It can get expensive though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    I haven't gone but I always see mixed reviews/opinions about a place to shoot. I'm towards the north end of town so I end up going to Lonestar.

I don't know how far from the complex you will be but I can't imagine it could be that bad concidering it's probably the best place for y'all to get that type of shooting done before a competition.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I have only done shotguns at lonestar handgun in converse. They do have a 10 station sporting clays section though that's pretty fun and challenging. It can get expensive though.

Yes sporting clay is expensive but my daughter is actually doing more skeet and trap which will make the training more affordable.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I haven't gone but I always see mixed reviews/opinions about a place to shoot. I'm towards the north end of town so I end up going to Lonestar.

I don't know how far from the complex you will be but I can't imagine it could be that bad concidering it's probably the best place for y'all to get that type of shooting done before a competition.
    My in laws live in the Roosevelt/Probandt area near Military Drive. I might have to check out Lonestar.. Normally I would not mind but my daughter will be driving alone to these places and I have our team card in case anyone questions her. Good thing about National Shooting Complex is the staff already knows my daughter as she was won several major tournaments there. I wish I can help more but I have to work here in Houston but will be there on weekends.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    My in laws live in the Roosevelt/Probandt area near Military Drive. I might have to check out Lonestar.. Normally I would not mind but my daughter will be driving alone to these places and I have our team card in case anyone questions her. Good thing about National Shooting Complex is the staff already knows my daughter as she was won several major tournaments there. I wish I can help more but I have to work here in Houston but will be there on weekends.
    This is texas. Nobody is gonna question a girl driving around with a gun.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    This is texas. Nobody is gonna question a girl driving around with a gun.

I do not know if you remember my previous posting about this subject. She is 17 now but last winter a former team member of hers was caught in school parking lot with shotgun shell flats. Apparently since our kids are driving and getting older many of the parents were concerned about the legality of young competitors travelling to and from events like practices and tournaments as most of the families I have encountered as a coach are single parents. Here is a link to the previous topic. Lets not forget you have Roland Gutierrez in your area and your Sheriff I heard is another wacko.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I do not know if you remember my previous posting about this subject. She is 17 now but last winter a former team member of hers was caught in school parking lot with shotgun shell flats. Apparently since our kids are driving and getting older many of the parents were concerned about the legality of young competitors travelling to and from events like practices and tournaments as most of the families I have encountered as a coach are single parents. Here is a link to the previous topic. Lets not forget you have Roland Gutierrez in your area and your Sheriff I heard is another wacko.

Didn't realize she was a youngster. Hope she doesn't have any issues though.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    San Antonio Gun Club is a nice facility with trap, skeet, five stand and bunker.
    Bexar Community Range was already mentioned.
    The National Shooting Complex is great but is only open to the public one or two days a week. Call ahead.
    Bandera Gun Club is the best little gun club in Texas. They have skeet and occasionally trap.
    I wouldn’t go to A Place To Shoot probably is not worth your time. They had a game called Crazy Quail. Not serious shooting.
    I’m not sure if Comel Shooting range off Ritterman Rd. is open to the public. They used to have 4H shoots and registered NSSA shoots. Skeet only.
    I hope she has fun.

Top Bottom