• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I recently picked up a Stevens Side by Side, built the year before I was born. Needed a fair bit of work to clean it up but in my opinion it looks better for its age than I do.

However, when I started work on it the sights were a mess, the mid rib sight was gone (no hole just a small piece of something that protruded above the level of the rib) and the end ball was a mashed down piece of very soft metal ( suspected to be lead ). I was working on cleaning up the front sight and ended up with a hole through the rib. It looks like the original sight was pushed in or wedged into place?

Anyone with experience able to tell me how these sights were originally configured/installed? And or where I can get a replacement that would fit. ( tried numrich as well as a few other places but they are sold out ) I am looking to keep it near stock original.

The gun shows a build date of Feb 1957, has Stevens on the Left side and a flying duck stamped (engraved?) just aft of the name. The fore grip has a checker pattern that seems to have been stamped vice cut.

Any information or ideas appreciated.

Top Bottom