• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    OP, I'm curious, do you know how that gun came about? Reason I ask, might just be "rare" because it was done as a group buy for a unit sometime over the years. My husband is waiting on his deployment pistol to get here. It was a special order done by Colt. Less than 30 are being made. Same thing, laser etched details and certain features. At the end of the day we paid a hair over $900 for a personalized Colt 1911. I suppose the value would be in the eye of the beholder (I guess not much with another man's name on it lol). Or the buyer looking for that specific gun.

If you are keeping it as an investment, do not shoot it. It will affect the value.

DH plans to shoot a mag or two through his to feel it run. As far as any more shooting after that, no idea. That will be up to him if he wants to bring it out. But it'll be staying in the family as an heirloom. He always wished he would have gotten his grandpa's WWII 1911 but he sold it long before the grand kid were old enough to know. He's looking forward to having items to pass down

Anyway, nice pistol. Perhaps if you wanted a real one like the one you carried you'd have to let the gun bounce around in the bed of a farm truck for a year eh? lol That's how DH described his sidearm.
    Venture Surplus ad

Top Bottom