Should I?

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
Feb 23, 2008
San Antonio
Man, I am really jonesing for that Kimber Ultra Carry II at Gander Mountain. I was offered $600 for my Colt Gov't Model 70 sight unseen by a coworker. It would help fund that Kimber but she's been a great gun. That Colt has a match barrel and is a total tack driver. I really don't want to get rid of it, but the Kimber would suit my carry needs to a T. The Colt is extremely useful at the deer lease and has served me very well and it was my first 1911. I know guys who'll buy, sell and trade guns on a whim, but I'm really reluctant to let go of certain ones and this one is a really hard decision. What would you do?

brainiac

Mar 7, 2008
Parker County
I know guys who'll buy, sell and trade guns on a whim, but I'm really reluctant to let go of certain ones and this one is a really hard decision. What would you do?
Since you asked, I would never let go of a Series 70 Colt that shoots well. Save up for the little Kimber but don't trade off a known good classic pistol for it. Some day I bet you'll regret it.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
TGT Supporter
Apr 13, 2008
Houston, Texas
Unless your goal is to acquire a smaller carry weapon. I don't see any reason to make the change. Perhaps add the Kimber as an addition. I have two 1911's ~ a Colt Combat Elite and a similar sized Colt Defender. The Combat Elite will shoot rings around the Defender. I don't carry the Defender anymore but it is much easier to conceal ~ just harder to shoot. YMMV

Madhouse

Mar 17, 2008
Tomball, TX
Oh yeah, I guess I only adressed the part about getting the Kimber, not getting rid of the Colt.

I only buy guns, I don't sell them very often, unless it's something that I don't use or need and have no sentimental attachment to.

Keep that Colt. Buy a Kimber later.

:D

longtooth

Mar 24, 2008
Lufkin, Texas
I carry a Kimber Pro CDPll more than any other gun I own.(it is light) I do have a SA 1911-A1 that, like yours, is a tack driver, reliable dirty, & I like it. I have been to all day multi-match shoots & run 1,000 rds of reloads through it w/ never a bobble except for a my fault uhooo w/ a reload.
My Kimber starts to drag at about 350 to 400 rds. of reloads. I have never put that many factory through either so dont know how many rounds it would run before slowing up.
I carry the Kimber more due to light weight but would never sell the Springer to get another K.
Save your $$s until you can have them both.:D

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
Feb 23, 2008
San Antonio
I think I'll keep the Colt and save up for the Kimber. Also, I know I have a bunch of crap to sell on ebay so that's another option to get money in the till. That Kimber is ooooohhhh so sweet!

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics