Texas SOT

Should spitting in the street be banned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    stupid crap people just sit around and think up.

In Hong Kong you can't spit or spit gum on the street. It's a real clean sterile place with a law for everything.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    It's banned in Singapore... of course, so also is talking bad about the government, and there's a film censor board to make sure the public doesn't see anything the government doesn't think they should. And graffiti is not only banned but will get you caned (struck repeatedly with a cane).

On the plus side, Singapore is about the cleanest and most crime-free city/country in the world... and, to be fair, they're only classified as "partly free" by "Freedom In The World". So -- should it be banned? Depends on how free of a society you want to live in.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pretty sure my town once had a spitting ordinance.

Remember learning about it on a field trip that I valves a walk around town and a trip to the local museum.

Didn't read the article or anything, the thread just sparked a random thought.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    When I was a kid my parents told me this is illegal in Texas due to a law still existing from the days of poor barefoot Depression children contracting horrible diseases from the sidewalk. Have no idea if that's true or not.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Bad etiquettes yes
    Illegal no

as long as it does not flood the street I am OK. Although I hate to see someone do it, looks obnoxiously groce.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Very poor manners, according to my Mom. She would probably slap me silly if she caught me expectorating in public.

Also, underwear is called that for a reason; foundation garments should never be seen in polite company.

The phrase "leaves nothing to the imagination" is not meant as a compliment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Back in the days before plumbing, people would just dump their chamber pots into the street. Spitting is pretty nasty but at least we don't have people dumping shit on us from above.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Back in the days before plumbing, people would just dump their chamber pots into the street. Spitting is pretty nasty but at least we don't have people dumping shit on us from above.
    That's actually the origin of those outlandishly large hats that the French used to wear (as in The Three Musketeers). When you're walking down the street and someone dumps a chamber pot on you from above, well, you want a BIG hat...

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    That's actually the origin of those outlandishly large hats that the French used to wear (as in The Three Musketeers). When you're walking down the street and someone dumps a chamber pot on you from above, well, you want a BIG hat...
    lmao! most entertaining thing I've learned today.. so far.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I spit occasionally - try not to do it in the presence of people I don't know or those who I know but don't like to see it.

To use the public health argument is just absolutely ridiculous, but then again, the trend is to justify everything you want to stop people from doing by calling it a public health or safety threat.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom