• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Tried and true. Not outdated. Mention my age again and I'm gonna head South looking for ya. :cool:

Lol! Well im off to bed, so in the interest of leaving on a "happy" note, i'll let you know that if I get a good job anytime soon, an STI 1911 will probably be the next gun I buy. (or maybe a celebratory S&W 500)
    DK Firearms

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Obhhhh glock glock!!!! Ya walked right into this one.. But being sunday,
    Im not gonna let my heathen show.. But on monday stay tuned.....

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I know about shoulder pain. Doc told me I have "Frozen Shoulder" (Adhesive Capsulitis) It was in the front near my collarbone & I got a shot to loosen it up. But, now it seems to be in the back, in my shoulder blade. It has been bugging me all day. Hubby told me "You look like you're not having fun" when we were out today. He said I had a frown.

Having pain all day every da will do that to ya

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I've had a rotator cuff injury since Junior year in Highschool. Anytime my heart rate gets up there, It throbs slightly. I wish I'd have taken care of it then, but I didn't.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    As the recipient of multiple shoulder surgeries (in which one resulted in nerve damage that affects my dominant hand), let me suggest something that I was instructed to do. Now, understand I am not a doctor, just a guy that has been through it.

First off, I remember a home test used to detect rotator-cuff injuries. It is really hard to describe but I'll try. Lay on the floor, on your back with your arms extended straight out, (sort of like forming a cross). Bend your arms at the elbow in a "I give up, don't shoot" position. Now, try to pick up something with your injured side..... like a can of Coke or a beer....... but leave your upper arm flat on the floor. Only rotate your lower arm (from the elbow to hand) upward. You don't move your arm above the elbow from the "cross" position. If you have a sharp pain or cannot do the movement, you most likely have a cuff tear. Could be a bicep tendon tear (which is on the front of the shoulder), a separation at the AC joint or even a bone spur on the acromion.

If you want to help a strained muscle, start off with light stretching exercises. No weight. Lightly apply pressure with the other hand to help the movement to the limit of either the joint or the start of pain. When it hurts, quit. Stretch in another direction and repeat over and over. When (and if) you can access full motion without pain, NOW you can add a little weight (maybe 2 pounds). Perform all the stretching stuff with the weight and graduate to a heavier weight only when you no longer experience pain. If you have to, stand facing a wall and use your fingers to walk up and down in every direction possible. You must keep it moving in a full range or you'll take the risk of losing part of your range of motion.

Might seem a little cautious or boring to you but let me assure you, there is no working through shoulder pain. Some injuries will NOT heal on their own and you will pay for that when you get older, trust me. I tried to be the tough guy and ignore pain. LOL, pain is a signal that something is wrong...... if it doesn't go away after a week of stretching/movement exercises, do yourself a favor and get to a doctor. Your body will heal faster RIGHT NOW, than in the future. Old injuries show back up when you're older and normally come back with a vengeance.

HitMarks1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Denton, TX
    There are many different forms of shoulder injuries. I've had numerous shoulder injuries so I am definitely speaking from experience. Depending on the severity of pain I would suggest going to a doctor. If the pain isn't too bad ice it, and try doing some light weight rotator cuff exercises. Hope that helps

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I got about 3-4.,maybe five cortisone shots in my shoulder about 2 years ago. I thought it was a tear but it went away. no mri, no nothing. my doc was more than willing to administer the cortisone shots even though he said some docs would not prefer to treat a "cronic" pain with cortisone. he always offered up the MRI as an option but said he prefered to treat the pain and see what happened. again, it went away !!. PS, it was expensive, on my HSA account. Pretty much all out of pocket with the HSA, but well worth it. Bill.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When arthritis flares up in my elbows, knees or ankles, I get levels of pain that can be off the scale. I found ways to ease that stress on the joints and to promote healing. Please check my thread about bone pain in Off Topic/rants & raves. I hope that it works for you.

Flash

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I've had a busted shoulder for some time now. Doc did x-rays and said I have tendinitis. No need for MRI. Gave me a shot of Cortisone and I'm as good as new now.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I damaged my shoulder with a wide stance heavy benchpress. It took a year to feel normal. I did not see any doctors about it, but in retrospect I probably should have. The younger you are, the quicker it will heal. Now I know to keep my elbows next to my body with heavy weights...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've broken both sides of my collar bone in various misadventures. It is a LONG, uncomfortable, healing process! It is so painful that I incorporated breaking of the collar bone into my street fighting menu. It will absolutely put a man out of commission! I've put all of that aside in my older/wiser years and I'm not that way any more. (Didn't someone do a song about that?)

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have broken or messed up almost every piece of my body at least once. Some of the injuries never improved and later in life, settled into arthritis. The pain rotates part to part. One day, an elbow flares up and in a week or so, a knee takes over, but it works on a continuous cycle. You will learn like I did that when a part is screaming, it's time to leave it alone.

When pain gets too severe, I used to take mega doses of pain killer until I discovered the "Tens" units. My Tens units almost completely eliminated the pain killers for SEVERE pain. I do take them for minor pain issues.

When pain gets real bad, I hook up a Tens unit and the electrical disruption cancels the pain. They say that Tens units do not promote healing but my experience is that when I hook up and take the stress off of the injured part, healing comes much faster!

Most of the time, my Tens units sit in my room but I keep fresh batteries and electrodes handy at all times for when pain gets out of control.

You need a prescription for Tens units but the doc just scribbled one out, I Emailed it to the company and was able to buy several units. There are many types of Tens units but the cheapest one works great for me! They are NOT expensive!

Here's a link:
    http://www.tensproducts.com/

This is the unit that I use. It's slightly updated from mine but I swear by this thing!

http://www.tensproducts.com/TruTENS-3-mode-TENS-with-timer-by-TENSproducts_p_295.html

Flash

Last edited:

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    TRC do not heal without surgery. You can get by with rehab and shots for a while like I did.
    If you want full use of your arm to live and workout as most men do, you will need surgery.

I put mine off for years. I got it done last June and I am so glad I did.
    Relief, true relief.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Unless the shoulder pain is an impingement or a tear, most likely you have experienced tendonitis of the supraspinatus muscle part of the rotator cuff probably due to overuse. Rest the shoulder and take anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I had a similar injury 2 years ago doing wide chest presses. I thought I tore something. Went to orthopedic surgeon. They took x-ray showed nothing. I received cortozone shots, about 3-4 of them. I didn't think they were working after the 2nd but kept gping. The doc offered to do MRI in the inital and the second but said he didn't think that was necessary, said give the corotzone a chance. Said other docs didn't like to give more than 1 but he didn't mind. After 4, the pain went away. Was inflammation, perhaps a small tear.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Just had a case where an employee had a shoulder injury on the job. Thought it was possible rotater cuff.

After an MRI it was a strained AC joint that showed signs of arthritis.

Apparently a strain to the AC joint has a pain that the patient will feel in the rotater cuff.

AC joint is where the scapula meets the clavical. Limit the strenious activity as much as possible. And if range of motion is limited I would go see a doctor.

Hope the pain subsides and you get back to your routine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Thanks for all the input. It's been several months since I've had any pain, and I'm back to doing different work outs. Not sure what it was, as I did the whole, wait and see thing. No doctor visit. Perhaps it was a strain, and my sleeping position exacerbated things. Idk.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom