• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin
    rock.jpg

Rock Island GI spec. Nothing special about the pistol. The grips on the other hand...

Annual trip with the boys. Tracked down plain grips online and ask my dad to do
    something fancy. Texas quarters on each side. Name of the event on left panel
    and year on the right. Cocobolo.

Great trip. Been planning this year since the ride home.

This one stays with me until I'm done.

BTW, love the Rock Island. Great way to get started with the 1911 without spending
    much. This one was around $400. Blank grips - $7. Pop's time - retired? Priceless!
    DK Firearms

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Well today was a good day. I went to the gun show this morning and found a RIA two tone, and when I got home the wife to be asked if I had found anything. I told her what I found. She replied with a great happy B day, and went and transfered the money I had spent on it back in to my fun account.

:-) The only bad thing is now I have to wait 2 weeks to go take it out.

RIA.jpg

hercster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Canada
    My 1911

This is my Night Hawk Custom Predator II. I added several options to the base unit including:Ed Brown bobtail, adjustable sights, ambi safety, scalloped MSH and front strap, special order grips by VZ and second set by Alumagrip. Colour mix was my choice of OD Green, Dark Earth and black controls.

Predatorll-Leather1.jpg

Predtwotone_012crop2.jpg

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    rock.jpg

Rock Island GI spec. Nothing special about the pistol. The grips on the other hand...

Annual trip with the boys. Tracked down plain grips online and ask my dad to do
    something fancy. Texas quarters on each side. Name of the event on left panel
    and year on the right. Cocobolo.

Great trip. Been planning this year since the ride home.

This one stays with me until I'm done.

BTW, love the Rock Island. Great way to get started with the 1911 without spending
    much. This one was around $400. Blank grips - $7. Pop's time - retired? Priceless!

Where did you get the blank grips from? I definitely agree with the starting out with a RIA and then customizing...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    One of these days ah'll git around ta updatin' mah pics, but here's the latest. Had some FTF issues Saturday, but suspect an ammo issue, 'cuz it did fine earlier in the week - gonna pick up some HB an' try later.....

100_0402.jpg 100_0404.jpg
    100_0405.jpg

Top Bottom