• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Ok pulled one out today to screw around; which I have been meaning to do for a long time. Unfortunately the pictures came out horrid but I was able to use and old copy of Photoshop and make it slightly less horrid.

stoner-commando4.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ok pulled one out today to screw around; which I have been meaning to do for a long time. Unfortunately the pictures came out horrid but I was able to use and old copy of Photoshop and make it slightly less horrid.

stoner-commando4.jpg

Ohhhhh!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

stoner-commando4.jpg

SA-WEET!!

Blue line in the background is a nice touch!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How do you like it? Is the extreme worth the premium over the standard Witness?

That Norinco bullpup is very cool, btw...
    I adore that EAA. It's a great teaching gun. I've used it to allow students to see how recoil is different in different pistols and it's always a major eye-opener for them.

It's not worth the premium, though. I bought it because it fits some weird rules of a particular shooting sport. For most people, the Witness Elite is an answer to a question nobody's asking.

As for the Norinco, it's an iron-sight-only piece. That would be fine except that with the sights at the limits of their adjustment, the thing shoots 3 feet high at 25 yards. Lots of slop in there, obviously. What bugs me is that I can't find a replacement front sight post that's 0.190 to 0.25 inches higher than standard.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am confused, you are running off Blue-lines, or creating them with CAD program??

They appear to have hand written text on them which led me to believe they were old hand drawings of which copies were made...

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    I am confused, you are running off Blue-lines, or creating them with CAD program??

They appear to have hand written text on them which led me to believe they were old hand drawings of which copies were made...

I guess I did my job well. To answer your question, I generated them with Solidworks and then put them on the old style blue print back ground with Photoshop. There is a font in solidworks that looks like hand written text. In the background of some of the videos done by the military institute you can see a few of the original Stoner drawings. I used them as a guide to simulate a blue print. As for the other blue prints I modify style and font according to the era that the gun/drawing would have been done in. Of course anyone that has ever worked with real drawings know that blue prints have not been used since the 20's, it been mostly blue lines up until about 10 years ago.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I guess I did my job well. To answer your question, I generated them with Solidworks and then put them on the old style blue print back ground with Photoshop. There is a font in solidworks that looks like hand written text. In the background of some of the videos done by the military institute you can see a few of the original Stoner drawings. I used them as a guide to simulate a blue print. As for the other blue prints I modify style and font according to the era that the gun/drawing would have been done in. Of course anyone that has ever worked with real drawings know that blue prints have not been used since the 20's, it been mostly blue lines up until about 10 years ago.

Yep, very well done indeed.

You will notice I said "blue lines", I have run my fair share of them many moons ago paying my dues, lol.

ETA: I did mention it on the first one, I have no idea how old it is, didn't even think about it.

Last edited:

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    My collection of pistols in .45acp.

Top pair: commercial Sistema Colts
    second pair: Sistema Ejercito Argentino (Argentine Army) model and a Ballester-Molina
    next pair: Colt and Remington Rand 1911a1
    last pair: Colt M1917 and S&W M1937

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom