Join TexasGunTalk

show us your set up

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by vmax, Apr 28, 2014.

1. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Still can't load them. See why it'd be a bad idea to try to learn a new press!

2. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

I got rid of a Dillon SDB because all of my reloading was on a single stage up until then.

3. Rocky Carey

Rocky Carey New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    How is those inline plates thinking bout that myself just cause. Give more room for working on guns
    Thanks
    Roc1

4. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I see that baboon. Having to buy proprietary dies would be horrible.

5. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Rocky, Inline Fabrication makes great stuff but I’ve got the hookup for cheap press lights.

6. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Love mine. Very nice to have a clear space like you said. Originally I was going to mount 3 presses on that bench, but the plate system frees up all that room.

If you have access to a router it's not hard to do the inlet. Mine took about 30 minutes, including taping off and being super careful with the router.

7. Rocky Carey

Rocky Carey New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    I built a steel table on that end of shop so need spacer. Is press secure

8. rmantoo

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    They make a riser, female, plate for mounting to the top of a table.

Pretty dang secure. The tongue at the back of the plate, that inserts into the rectangle on the receiver, has a hex set screw to tighten the back down, and the front left and right sides have 1/4 or 3/8" bolts that you lock down with nuts once the press is mounted in the plate.

It's at least secure enough that I can use a push-through sizing die without lube and it doesn't move, or I can run 308 on my super 1050 manually with no problems.

In the pic below, you can see the rectange. The 4 silver bolt heads are the tops of the bolts through-bolted through the entire work bench, securing the plate. On the left and right front corners you can see the holes to lock down the press.

When I get home later, I'll take a pic of the plate the presses are bolted to.

Attached Files:

9. Rocky Carey

Rocky Carey New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Lubbock
    Thanks rmantoo appreciate it

rmantoo likes this.
  10. rmantoo

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Here are pics of xdmikey's reloading room: He was having trouble uploading them rm1.jpg rm2.jpg rm3.jpg rm4.jpg

This is what I noticed today.
    I think I’ll be doing mold removal soon.

rm5.jpg rm6.jpg rm7.jpg