• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Action ... Sicario is a movie starring Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, and Benicio Del Toro.

Pros: Timely movie since the hot topic is Immigration. Takes place in El Paso and Juarez, Mex.

INTENSE! Good action, did not see anyone shooting a pistol that was called a 45 because it shot 45 times before your reloaded it. Night vision scenes were good. Never had to ask my wife what it was about or what going on, makes sense, easy to follow.

Brolin and El Toro play their parts well!

Cons: Not sure what role Emily Blunt plays in it. In real world, she would have got the boot on day one, in fact the movie would have been a better movie without her. But you can write her off to being an FBI agent and we know about the FBI, not exactly team players her and her side kick the black FBI agent. Neither added to it.

Solid 4 Stars, could have gone 4.5 maybe even a 5 bullet had Blunt got killed off real early.

iTunes rental $3.99
    Capitol Armory ad

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Hoping I can see Sicario 2 this weekend. Blunt is needed as the staunch agent that plays by the rules. She don't know what she don't know.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Liked the first one a lot, was hoping her character would be in the sequel. Woulda been interesting to see her wake up to the reality that no kind of war is pretty or black and white in terms of “rules”.
    Hoping to see the 2nd one soon though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I enjoyed the first movie quite a bit, and concur about Emily Blunt, she added nothing to the first movie other than looking like an inept FBI agent. Her partner was equally useless to the plot.

Brolin and Del Toro made the first movie great, and I suspect they will do the same in the second.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of my all time favorites. I liked Blunt's character and that it added contrast to the movie. If it wasn't there it'd be yahoo's shooting yahoo's. She's the fresh meat, by the book who doesn't know what the heck is going on, agent. Stepping into a world unfamiliar... not realizing the reality of fighting fire with fire. Not only that... they used her for bait. They used her inexperience against her to get what they wanted.... I dunno.. I just liked the movie all around.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    The first one was great! It told a story from beginning to end. The second felt like a very incomplete movie. This one felt like they with bad story telling or they decided during filming that they were going to break it into two parts. But I had a feeling about it because they changed the name of the movie three times since last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I enjoyed the first movie quite a bit, and concur about Emily Blunt, she added nothing to the first movie other than looking like an inept FBI agent. Her partner was equally useless to the plot.

Brolin and Del Toro made the first movie great, and I suspect they will do the same in the second.

I watched a YT vid that argued that she was the real villian of Sicario, as she refused to understand that you cant follow the rules when fighting the cartel, as that will get you nowhere. Alejandro tried to fight them the legal way when he was a prosecutor, and look what that did to him. He adapted and learned that he had to play dirty, whereas she refuses to see that.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The whole purpose of Blunt's character was to give the CIA character cover for working inside the USA. He picked her because he knew he could run over her and do whatever he wanted. It was intended and written that way. It surprises me that some people don't get this about the film

https://www.cia.gov/news-informatio...featured-story-archive/myths-vs-real-cia.html
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has the lead on intelligence matters in the United States, especially those directed against US citizens. However, the CIA and the FBI work together as needed to protect the interests of US national security.

The CIA, unlike the FBI, has no law enforcement authority. The Agency’s mission is foreign intelligence collection and analysis.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    The first one is a favorite of mine and I watched the second one last night. I feel it was worth the cost of the ticket but the end was left wide open. I’m looking forward to a 3rd!

Top Bottom