• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Looking for some advice......the 229 is jamming (intermittently) when attempting to chamber a round. This happens when firing the weapon or manual reload. I have field stripped the weapon and found a few small "burrs" on the ramp to the barrel. I de-burred the ramp & polished with Micro pad slick as a baby's butt. I found no other excessive wear in the barrel action. I did "stretch" the recoil spring a tad....no joy. Help please......KK
    Target Sports

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Looking for some advice......the 229 is jamming (intermittently) when attempting to chamber a round. This happens when firing the weapon or manual reload. I have field stripped the weapon and found a few small "burrs" on the ramp to the barrel. I de-burred the ramp & polished with Micro pad slick as a baby's butt. I found no other excessive wear in the barrel action. I did "stretch" the recoil spring a tad....no joy. Help please......KK

Mine did the same, I polished the ramp like you.
    The fix, for me, was to adjust the COAL of my reloads. Remington Golden Sabres were my go to bullet of choice.

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Thanks scap99 for the reply.....I've been shooting factory ammo Federal 165 gr FMJ. Guess I'll try something else.......reloading may be in my future, hmmm.

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Well......a good cleanin' fixed me right up!! I was reading some other post about cleaning, "brush vs. bore snake" and "how often to clean the gun". I have been using the bore snake just about every time I finish a couple hunert rounds on my home range and then every so often get out the brush and Hoppes #9 and really get after that barrel.....didn't spend too much time with the chamber cleaning. Little bitty flakes of copper from all them FMJ I been a shootin'.......dang!! Now I now better...... + I cleaned all my magazines and a little "light lube".....Ol' Sig eats 'em up & spits 'em out like she's 'posed to !!
    KK

Top Bottom