Guns International

Sig Being Sued Bigly ( 320 Firing on Its Own)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Same s**t, different day. Funny, not one of my P-320s goes off by itself.
    Count yourself lucky. Many have, gone off. On video or witnessed by multiple people, in holsters or sitting alone in desk drawers absolutely verifiable they were un touched. Then there is the actual drop safe issues.

Yes we all said bullshit in the beginning they had to be touching them, just like the remington 700 issues. Well they wernt. I'm sure a couple folks are using the problem as cover for actual ND but there are actual drop safe issues and issues of the guns going off all by themselves.

At this point the bean counters have decided its cheaper to deny deflect and fight lawsuits as well as quietly buy back whole departments purchases than doing the right thing. That is redesigning the thing properly and replacing everyone ever made.

I'm not a sig fanboi although I've had a couple of their 1911s. They are awesome but I will never buy a striker fired sig. Like the remington 700 the issue is absolutely but it will take forever for them to admit it. True, most folks will never experience it but at this point the rarity doesn't make it any less deadly.

Last edited:

zackmars

Waging a holy war against direct blowback pcc's
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    How many does this one make?

Sometimes I have to wonder what the hell is going on in the corporate thought process at SIG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ron cohen rips through companies like a tornado

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Count yourself lucky. Many have, gone off. On video or witnessed by multiple people, in holsters or sitting alone in desk drawers absolutely verifiable they were un touched. Then there is the actual drop safe issues.

Yes we all said bullshit in the beginning they had to be touching them, just like the remington 700 issues. Well they wernt. I'm sure a couple folks are using the problem as cover for actual ND but there are actual drop safe issues and issues of the guns going off all by themselves.

At this point the bean counters have decided its cheaper to deny deflect and fight lawsuits as well as quietly buy back whole departments purchases than doing the right thing. That is redesigning the thing properly and replacing everyone ever made.

I'm not a sig fanboi although I've had a couple of their 1911s. They are awesome but I will never buy a striker fired sig. Like the remington 700 the issue is absolutely but it will take forever for them to admit it. True, most folks will never experience it but at this point the rarity doesn't make it any less deadly.
    Do you have a link for the desk drawer incident? I don't think I've read about any incident where one discharged just sitting static. All the ones I know of it can be argued something actuated the trigger.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    everyone always denies pulling the trigger when they have an ND…

Sig recently won one lawsuit over this and I would be surprised if they don’t win the others.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    everyone always denies pulling the trigger when they have an ND…

Sig recently won one lawsuit over this and I would be surprised if they don’t win the others.
    Talking about this one?

Not exactly a “win” but a favorable ruling. Read it, pretty interesting

zackmars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    FB_IMG_1670361225053.jpg

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The judge simply ruled that sig reasonably could not have known about the defect at the time the plaintiff purchased his pistol. It was not a ruling on whether or not the design was defective.

The real question will be if the design is defective then does that mean all striker-fired hand guns are defective? What about all convictions where a P320 was used and the defendant claimed it was an accident.

Might just be a bridge to far or pandora’s box.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The judge simply ruled that sig reasonably could not have known about the defect at the time the plaintiff purchased his pistol. It was not a ruling on whether or not the design was defective.
    Did you read the case text? An expert witness that examined Guays pistol found nothing wrong with it. Despite Guay filing the lawsuit because he said the gun was holstered when it fired, he had told the EMT that he shot himself while unholstering his gun. He also introduced another ND as evidence, and that ND was determined to have been caused by another object getting stuck in the holster and causing the trigger to be pulled.

zackmars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The real question will be if the design is defective then does that mean all striker-fired hand guns are defective? What about all convictions where a P320 was used and the defendant claimed it was an accident.

Might just be a bridge to far or pandora’s box.
    The first person to try to argue that would get laughed out of the room, as striker fired handguns have been around as long as semi auto handguns have, and more than a few hammer fired guns have had similar issues. Not to mention if anyone were dumb enough to argue that, they'd have glock, Beretta, hk, ruger, Taurus, s&w, FN, cz, pretty much everyone fight against them.

Sig has two big problems with the 320.

#1 It doesn't have an active drop safety (like glocks inertial drop safety)

#2 the FCG is flimsy and the striker return spring can wear extremely fast, leading to slam fires.

#1 is an easy fix, #2 isn't an easy fix because doing proper QC/having good metallurgy is expensive and it's cheaper to just offer cushy gigs to Generals who are about to retire.

Top Bottom