• TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So....here's the picture:

Bought a P-238 from the owner who posted it on another site, where he admirably stated that he was having jamming issues. Knowing the gun, I figured it wasn't likely to be anything really major, so I bought it.

Trip to the range confirmed the initial report from him, but watching the symptoms, I felt it was a mechanical issue. Took it back to the house, stripped it down and cleaned, then put on a heavy lube grease on the slide and worked the action a bit, then back out to the range. Jamming issues stopped, but there was a new problem - the slide release was catching several times per mag.....hmmmm.......

Back to the house, strip it down alongside one of my other P-238's...slide release on mine is a tad bit stiffer.....call Sig, describe the symptom and they concur that it sounded like the spring is a bit weak, and they're sending a new one. Decided to "tweak" the existing spring, take it back out to the range this afternoon, and voila - cycles fine!

Guess I'll drop the new spring in when it gets here just as a preventative measure, and just keep the old one as a spare (I've got 3 of 'em now, so why not?). Gonna look for some different grip panels for it this weekend, unless one of the boys decide they want it more than I do.
    Gun Zone Deals

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    Sweet ! You got a good deal on that 238! I've got the USMC edition and I've put over 400rnds through it without a hitch. Still not quite broken in yet, but I'll be back out to the range next week and I'll get a few hundred more through it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, but I can't say enough for the honesty of the seller - it's rare to hear from folks nowadays! I told him about this site, and he joined late last week - he's a honest one!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    How much ya pay for it

Enough to make us both happy! anim_lol.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I updated that in the other thread - but bottom line, it was my range ammo - I load it light, and the V10 needs more punch to cycle properly. Ran some factory hardball, and she ate it just fine.

Top Bottom