• TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So....here's the picture:

Bought a P-238 from the owner who posted it on another site, where he admirably stated that he was having jamming issues. Knowing the gun, I figured it wasn't likely to be anything really major, so I bought it.

Trip to the range confirmed the initial report from him, but watching the symptoms, I felt it was a mechanical issue. Took it back to the house, stripped it down and cleaned, then put on a heavy lube grease on the slide and worked the action a bit, then back out to the range. Jamming issues stopped, but there was a new problem - the slide release was catching several times per mag.....hmmmm.......

Back to the house, strip it down alongside one of my other P-238's...slide release on mine is a tad bit stiffer.....call Sig, describe the symptom and they concur that it sounded like the spring is a bit weak, and they're sending a new one. Decided to "tweak" the existing spring, take it back out to the range this afternoon, and voila - cycles fine!

Guess I'll drop the new spring in when it gets here just as a preventative measure, and just keep the old one as a spare (I've got 3 of 'em now, so why not?). Gonna look for some different grip panels for it this weekend, unless one of the boys decide they want it more than I do.
    Capitol Armory ad

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    Sweet ! You got a good deal on that 238! I've got the USMC edition and I've put over 400rnds through it without a hitch. Still not quite broken in yet, but I'll be back out to the range next week and I'll get a few hundred more through it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, but I can't say enough for the honesty of the seller - it's rare to hear from folks nowadays! I told him about this site, and he joined late last week - he's a honest one!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    How much ya pay for it

Enough to make us both happy! anim_lol.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I updated that in the other thread - but bottom line, it was my range ammo - I load it light, and the V10 needs more punch to cycle properly. Ran some factory hardball, and she ate it just fine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom