• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gray Ghost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I am having an issue with my Sig P239 Tactical 9mm. It is a Gen 2 with a DAK trigger. In DA mode as I pull the trigger back slowly I feel a slight grinding/stuttering in the trigger. My best friend has the exact same weapon and says he experiences the same thing. Can anyone shed some light on it. Seems like this would not be happening in this weapon. I have tried lubing everything I can, but the issue persists.
    Hurley's Gold

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Is it right before the breaking point? Meaning at the peak of the hammer's travel? I've shot several that almost feel gritty right at that point before the hammer returns. Also a DAK trigger has no other mode than DA.

Gray Ghost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Sorry DA/SA not DAK. I have been looking at too many different Sigs lately.

No, the feeling begins just as soon as I take the slack out of the trigger and start getting resistance from the hammer.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Is the gun is fairly new? I've heard of people complaining about that with current production models. It's sad to say (I am a big Sig fan) but their quality has gone down hill in the last year or so.

You've got a few choices. Keep shooting and dry firing and it may clear up on it's own. Or, detail strip the gun, and gently remove any burrs on the sear hammer mating surfaces. (Do not remove metal beyond any burrs.. we're talking just hand polish it up a bit) Or send it back to Sig to fix. The only problem with sending it back to Sig, is you will be required to pay the shipping to them, which will run about $65 -$70 because you've got to ship next day air UPS or FedEx. Or have a dealer do it who will probably charge you $40 - $50 to do so. If you bought the gun from a local dealer, they might send it back for you at no cost. Would be worth a try.

Good luck.

Gray Ghost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Navyguy,

Yes, it is March 2009 production. Thanks for the info. I will take it to someone like Action By T or something to have it polished up.

Top Bottom