Sig P6 Review

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by The Kicker Guy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. The Kicker Guy

The Kicker Guy Member

Feb 23, 2008
    I recently purchased this pistol from Hk_Fiend and the for the price these are going for, there is no better deal around. These are great shooting pistols and extremely accurate. I was shooting better with the P6 than I was a p226. We decided to have a little pond turtle fun and at 15 to 20 yards, I didn't miss a whole lot. Recoil was very managable and it shot to point of aim every time. I ran a box of old Hydra-Shoks I had and it fed them with no problem(contrary to the popular belief). The only downside I can see is mag cap, but I have plenty of hi cap pistols if I need them. For those that don't know, there are a ton of surplus P6's running around that I've seen for as little as $260. I can't recommend them enough.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cool deal :)

Would you mind making a larger more in depth review? I'm going to make an articles section on the front page and would love to have it :)

If you want, you can email it to me at admin@texasguntalk.com at your convenience.

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm glad to hear everything has turned out well. They are definitely nice guns for the price considering the quality of most stuff in that price range is not quite up to par with them.

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Are these german police pistols?

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes, it's a P225 that's been made for the West German police.

6. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    They look great.whats the mag capacity on these?

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They are an 8 round single stack 9mm, and that is the only caliber they were ever produced in. As far as I am aware, I believe the only real difference between the P225 and P6 is that the P6 has sort of a hooked groove cut into the tip of the hammer, so the tip of it looks hollow. I don't understand the reasoning for that, but that is the only difference I can see. On some of the later production models they also improved on the feed ramp to increase feeding reliability with JHP's.