Sig P6

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by SureFire5, Sep 22, 2008.

1. SureFire5

SureFire5 New Member TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2008
    san antonio
    I've been offered one for $320..Fair shake? I've never owned a Sig and I know that the P6 is a police issue refurbished piece... I own a few other
    9mm pistols, Glock, Kahr and S&W...And a Glock 30, personal favorite.
    I'm asking for your :2cents:. THANKS!!

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That sounds about what you'd pay for one if you ordered it online after all the fees.

$320 for a quality Sig in good shape isn't bad.

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Technically you can still get them from places like CDNN, Centerfire Systems, etc for as cheap as $269, though most places now seem to be charging $40-50 FFL transfer fees, so in the end you'd only save a very few dollars. If the gun is in decent shape, it's certainly worth the price. They are excellent quality guns, have typical Sig accuracy (which is to say pretty good for a production gun), and are reliable. Some of the earlier P6's have issues feeding JHP's though due to the shape of the feedramp. That can easily be solved with a little throat work on the barrel though so no biggie.

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Go for it.Great gun.I have had mine for about a year and it has been 100% reliable.

5. Shiner Bock

Shiner Bock Member

Apr 30, 2008
    DFW
    If it's in good condition I'd say go for it. That's no better a deal than you can get online including shipping and transfer fees but you have the advantage of being able to inspect it first.

6. ChicagoTex

ChicagoTex Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Allen, TX
    this is the only reason I haven't bought one myself yet, ordering on the internet is a crapshoot in terms of age, condition, and sights. I'd be more than willing to pay $320 for a P6 I verified was to my tastes.

Unfortunately the only ones I've had the chance to personally examine are $400-$500 :332: