• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Well, I went out to the range today with some 5.56, .22 and 9mm.
    I'm not 100% sure if I've ever taken the 522 out before or not but today made me a believer!
    It's just a simple Sig522 topped with a $60.00 BSA 4-12x40. Ammo was Federal 36gr bulk that you can get at Cabela's or Wally World.
    Distance was 50 yards.

After a few adjustments I was getting closer to where I wanted to be.
    522-1.jpg

Then I felt dialed in enough and was able to produce this decent little group.
    522-2.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You and me both. They are really well made rifles. +1 on getting one!

Heres my baby
    View attachment 13418

She has a tasco red dot right now. The Tasco 3-9x40 in the pic works really good. The mounts are high warnes and the 50mm job wouldnt fit with those.

I stoned the sear to where she breaks right after the first stage. I didnt lighten it. But I did polish the pin sleeve and trigger parts. Moly grease mixed with some M-pro 7 and its smooth. Bicycle inner tube on the grip. Weaver 870 shotty sight base on the bottom to hold a grip or pod. Small section of mag pull rail on the side. No way am I paying $20+ bucks for the sig rails. I don't need them.

I glued, cut to size, a cow ear tag to both sides of the buffer. I plan on a suppressor and the pads cut the bolt slap sound to nothing. Before you say it. Ever tried to rip or other wise tear up an ear tag? Its stout. After 150+ rounds the pads show no sign of giving up. The only downside is that the thickness of the tag pads on the buffer won't allow it to lock back on the bolt release. No biggy to me. I use mine to hunt mainly. The bolts stops against the mag follower.

Surefire plastic job in a 1" scope mount. Knock off grip pod.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Congrats!

I love mine (haven't found the right bi-pod for the standard model yet):

Sig Sauer 522 Commando
    S522CpaM3.gif

Sig Sauer 522
    Sig522bt.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Who sells those rascals?

I got mine from a gun shop in Georgetown. $399. Hell of a price. I guess it was old stock. The newer 522's have an updated bolt.(E clip issues on older) The newer bolt also looks like its in the white. Mine is two tone. A machined fake gas block with a sight base plug. No bayonet lug either. Verses the one that looks like the 556 job.

Im not saying they all do, but the ones at Academy have the white bolt and chunk looking gas block. everything else is the same

Top Bottom