• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Just signed up for Suarez's M4 Sniper class in April. I'm still really interested in the Guerilla Sniper class and Gabe's post earlier about it got me to read "Fry the Brain" which is a pretty wild read. However, I think the DMR class is closer to what I need. Besides, I can always take the Guerilla Sniper class later.

I'll post up a review afterward.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yea, let us know what you liked and more important what you didn't like and what they can improve. Take lots of notes with a focus of learning it well enough you can teach others later. sketch positions and shooting ideas. A good pic or camera video is worth 1000 words.
    Where is your skill set now and what will you do to train for the class?

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Right now I'm about a 2 MOA shooter....ok propbably 3. But I shoot well enough that if I were a Marine I could qualify expert. Take that for what it is worth.

My goal for the class is simply to shoot better than I do now - better is left wide open. I know this is a tactical class so they'll work on things like moving and shooting, shooting from positions, reloading, transitioning between weapons, etc, etc. One aspect of the class is shooting targets at 300 yards and further and they recommend bringing a scoped rifled. Apparently they cover how to deal with engaging in CQB w/ a scoped weapon. Should be interesting.

I'll take both ARs with me: M4 & SCAR17. The M4 will have the EOTech and the SCAR17 will have the 4-16 scope on it. I'll also take the FNP too, but I doubt I'll hit anything beyond 50 yards with it.

I'll do my best to take good notes, pictures and video to report back. But if you're expecting a teacher I suspect I'll fall short of Mr. Chamber's capabilities.

For those of you in DFW come on out to the Tactical Range at Quail Creek. I'm working with Chris to do more Carbine oriented drills. Tomorrow I'm going to try out a few drills I found to see how we can adapt them.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Right now I'm about a 2 MOA shooter....ok propbably 3. But I shoot well enough that if I were a Marine I could qualify expert. Take that for what it is worth.

My goal for the class is simply to shoot better than I do now - better is left wide open. I know this is a tactical class so they'll work on things like moving and shooting, shooting from positions, reloading, transitioning between weapons, etc, etc. One aspect of the class is shooting targets at 300 yards and further and they recommend bringing a scoped rifled. Apparently they cover how to deal with engaging in CQB w/ a scoped weapon. Should be interesting.

I'll take both ARs with me: M4 & SCAR17. The M4 will have the EOTech and the SCAR17 will have the 4-16 scope on it. I'll also take the FNP too, but I doubt I'll hit anything beyond 50 yards with it.

I'll do my best to take good notes, pictures and video to report back. But if you're expecting a teacher I suspect I'll fall short of Mr. Chamber's capabilities.

For those of you in DFW come on out to the Tactical Range at Quail Creek. I'm working with Chris to do more Carbine oriented drills. Tomorrow I'm going to try out a few drills I found to see how we can adapt them.

Details on this Tactical Range? I checked out QC website and couldn't see anything about it on line...

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Go to ProactriveDefense.net or find them on FaceBook. It is a separate business located inside QC's range.
    From the parking lot head up the hill behind the office. That is where all the good stuff is at.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Just spent the weekend taking SI's DMR course in Coleman TX. We were able to get out to 600 yards before running out of time. In close to the worst conditions possible (swirling wind gusts up to 40mph) I was hitting the plates at 600 yards. At 200 yards it was like a drum solo.
    Here is my AAR

Had to do it, SCAR 17 AK47 style picture, kick some dirt on it:
    5635543890_be3e024044.jpg

Doing some conflict resolution from the middle of the road:
    5623322534_5b5ecca243.jpg

I really recommend taking this class. It was a great weekend. Next up for me is going to be the AK47 class (need to give Mr. Chambers a call) on 9/11. Seems a fitting way to remember what was done.

Top Bottom