• ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    How many rounds between cleanings?

He had something insane like 2k+ through his so he couldnt get it apart.

I clean mine every 500 rounds. Ive ran it up to 1000 and it still wasnt too hard to get apart but 500 is a nice easy number and its very easy to take apart at that point as well. Many of the lesser designed cans require cleaning every 100-200 rounds which to me is unacceptable aince thats less than I might fire in a weekend of plinking back before 22lr was a unicorn.
    Gun Zone Deals

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I know rimfire is dirty but why does 22LR put off so much lead? Does that coating on CCI minimag or other non-exposed lead ammo just come off immediately?

The powder is dirtier than centerfire powder and a lot of 22lr is exposed lead. If you shoot plated bullets mostly your cleaning interval will go up dramatically. Its mainly the exposed lead that is dirty as hell. Thats why you dont want to shoot too many cast bullets through centerfire cans that arent user serviceable.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Before I used it, I Froglubed the interior of my Sparrow. The powder and lead just do not stick to it. It cakes up but wipes off. It made it much easier to slide out as well. Just follow the directions, it leaves a dry slick surface.

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Non chlorinated brake cleaner and an air compressor will become your friends once you start shooting suppressed. I also tear my bcg all the way down and toss it in the ultrasonic cleaner every 500 rounds.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner, nor do I intend to buy one anytime soon. But I do have about 6 cans of brake clean in my garage right now. lol

I only buy the non-chlorinated kind. I don't know why they even bother selling the chlorinated type.

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    I wound up buying a Spectre II instead due to cost savings and more flexibility. I want to get an FN Five-Seven in the future and the Sparrow can only shoot limited 5.7mm ammo.
    I did the same on recommendation by SS... the Spectre II seems the way to go for 5.7 stuff.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Here is a newbie question that I could probably find doing a little Googlefu, so don't slam me to hard.

Can 1 suppressor be utilized for both .22lr and .223?

I ask because I plan on building an AR in the near future and it would be nice to be able to have 1 can to swap between the different rifles.

Be gentle.

MK

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    A .22 LR cannot be swapped with a .223. A .223 suppressor would get fouled with lead. A .22LR suppressor cannot handle the pressure of a .223.
    You could put a .223 on a .22LR, but the lifespan would be pretty short.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I wound up buying a Spectre II instead due to cost savings and more flexibility. I want to get an FN Five-Seven in the future and the Sparrow can only shoot limited 5.7mm ammo.
    What is the limit for 5.7 in a Sparrow?
    Have you tried to aquire a 5.7 threaded pistol barrel? I have read about them but never seen one for sale.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    A .22 LR cannot be swapped with a .223. A .223 suppressor would get fouled with lead. A .22LR suppressor cannot handle the pressure of a .223.
    You could put a .223 on a .22LR, but the lifespan would be pretty short.

Thanks for the educashun.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    What is the limit for 5.7 in a Sparrow?
    Have you tried to aquire a 5.7 threaded pistol barrel? I have read about them but never seen one for sale.

I was going off of Silencer Shop's description/review of the Sparrow on their site. EFK Firedragon and Jarvis both make threaded barrels to order for the Five Seven and as mentioned, I've been thinking about a PS90 SBR, as well. I just wanted a can that was future-proof.

Top Bottom