Texas SOT

Silencerco acquires SWR: New buying old?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Silencerco, the newest major player in the industry has acquired one of the oldest major names in the industry.

I know Josh, the owner of silecnerco and he has built a great company and is one of the smart guys in this industry.

I also know Henry Graham, the former owner of SWR and he is also a talented designer.

This is the link to the press release:
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/armorgod/SilencercoSWR.jpg

The interesting thing will be how Silencerco handles the existing models proiduced by SWR since they directly compete in most market segments:

.22: Sparrow v. Spectre
    9mm: Osprey v. Trident and octane
    .40: Osprey v. HEMs
    .45" Osprey v. HEMS

The only market segment that Silencerco doesn't have a competing product is in the centerfire rifle suppressors.

Here is a video released by Silencerco:
    Texas SOT

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    From Josh, the owner of Silencerco:

llo everyone

I would like to interject here before things get too far off. Please understand a few things.

1- SWR product will still be produced under the SWR brand. Those of you that have SWR products on order can only expect their orders to arrive sooner. SWR products will have tighter quality control, and Henry Graham will have more time and resources to keep improving product. SWR customers will be able to enjoy faster warranty service on their lifetime warranties. There is no need to worry about anything, this is literally the best thing that could happen to SWR customers and the future of SWR.

2- Silencerco is working diligently on our rifle line. SWR products will NOT serve as our rifle line. We will be releasing our rifle suppressors very soon so there is no need to worry about that. We brought in more machinery to ensure there would not be any interruptions to Silencerco products. In fact, Silencerco customers are going to enjoy much shorter wait times for their products because we are increasing our production dramatically.

3- We chose SWR because our company cultures are similar and Henry Graham will fit in nicely on our team.

4- SWR pricing will NOT go up.

There is nothing to worry about and much to be excited about. Please let me know if you have any other questions. In the meantime, please visit http://www.silencerco.com/blog/?p=201 to read personal letters to the industry from myself and Henry Graham of SWR that might answer some of your questions and ease your mind.

Thank you for your support and we are excited to provide you all with more innovation and customer support on both Silencerco products and SWR products.

Sincerely

Josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    I think this is going to be a great marriage. The SilencerCo rifle cans should be coming online in the late fall/early winter. I think that they will own a big share of the 5.56 and .308 market too. From what I understand, SCo is not going to put out another center fire can, they are going to do it in the fashion of the Sparrow and Osprey...innovative, different, and offer something that isn't being offered. Congrats to SCo and SWR. Two great products combine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom