TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The Silencerco Stainless Sparrow has arrived. My First Impressions:
    1. The instruction manual, while mostly un-needed, is the best I have seen in the industry. Someone put a lot of thought into this document.
    2. The workmanship is impeccable!
    3. The Silencerco Sparrow continues to be one of the most intersting and innovative sppressor designs on the market today. The two half tubes help protect the serial numbered outer tube and allow the monolithic baffle to slide in and out of the outer tube easily even when debis has built up in the suppressor from high round counts. The reccomended cleaning interval is 1000 rounds.
    4. This Sparrow is stainless and can be cleaned with some solvents and ultrasonic cleaners.
    5. The Sparrow has gained weight (from 4.7oz to 6.5oz), but is still within tolerances for a tier 1 .22 rimfire can that is rated for FN's 5.7mm cartridge. It is lighter than the SWR Spectre (8.5oz) by 2oz. I will confirm this weight on my scale before the shooting starts. With this weight gain comes durability, cleanability and multi-caliber capability.
    6. Retail pricing is very competitive at $499.00 with market pricing being under retail.
    I plan on doing some POI testing and non-scientific sound comparison with other .22 suppressors.
    DK Firearms

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    You have to let us know how it sounds compared to the old model. I've been on the waiting list to have my old model upgraded to the new core for about six months now... and counting.

-Randy

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am seriously loving the Sparrow design! I really like the way they designed it so the serialized portion (external sleeve) has no threads or permanently affixed end pieces to get damaged, so the actual serialized portion is the least stressed component and as free as possible from damage. Get a baffle strike? No problem! Mail order a few inexpensive components, replace your end cap, replace however many baffles......YOURSELF, and you're back in business! No need to deal with annoying shipping of NFA items back to the manufacturer or anything. Are there cheaper .22 cans? Hell yes there are, and for nearly half the price. Do I care? No! The Sparrow is just too cool of a design. I don't mind paying nearly double the price of some of the others. It's a quality, rock solid product, excellent design and well worth it IMO. For Silencerco being a fairly new company, and with this as well as the Osprey, I think they are absolutely on the ball. Damn, now all this talk just made me really want one even more. ;)

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I do not have an old one for comparison.

Do you have one in the Houston area?

I've got the old one. It was my first NFA purchase from Houston Armory with YOUR trust. Thanks, BTW! Anyways, I'm over in San Antionio (Cibolo).

I've heard the older design is a little quieter, but I'm going for the upgrade since the new core is about an inch shorter. Also, the new design disassembles from the back instead of the front. Minor difference, but matters to me since I'm planning on a short AR upper with the can tucked inside the handguard.

Sig_Fiend, everything you detail is the main reason I went with this can. This actually comes in play with the upgrade since they can replace everything but the outer tube, which they just trim down to match the shorter core and new end caps. Basically, a brand new suppressor without a new stamp or waiting on the BATFE... just waiting on the manufacturer, lol.

-Randy

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I am not talking the ATF form. People on the net are quoting 1 year LT just for the can. Then the ATF time...

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I am not talking the ATF form. People on the net are quoting 1 year LT just for the can. Then the ATF time...

Have you asked any dealers? As I stated above, mine was in stock at Houston Armory. I can almost guarantee Major Malfunction has them. Going Quiet lists them as IN STOCK on his webpage and SigForum ad.

Good luck!
    -Randy

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Best places to buy in Houston with the cans in stock are
    Spectre Firearms,
    the arms room,
    Texas tactical
    Top gun in Richmond
    Class III Weapons
    Talon Arms

Other dealers are cc plus, amss primary arms and Mack burkhead.

These are dealers that I deal with on a regular basis.
    Great service and great people.

Top Bottom