• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I just was really surprised that the lack of power would drop the bullet that much. First time out with the trash panda. 100 years +3 inches is where it was zero'd before the suppressor. Dead nuts on after..

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I just was really surprised that the lack of power would drop the bullet that much. First time out with the trash panda. 100 years +3 inches is where it was zero'd before the suppressor. Dead nuts on after..
    In my ballistics tables, just about everything drops at the same speed. After the slug leaves the barrel its dropping. So the faster it gets where, the less it drops. Its getting to the target just a little later than the usual 2600 fps. Do they show the fps on the box?

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    In my ballistics tables, just about everything drops at the same speed. After the slug leaves the barrel its dropping. So the faster it gets where, the less it drops. Its getting to the target just a little later than the usual 2600 fps. Do they show the fps on the box?
    Yes - its around 1060/fps. zero'd at 100 yards - the box shows a 33" drop at 200
    I didnt want to zero this round at 100 though. I like 3" high at 100. The super short barrel likely played a large part in the dramatic drop.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The barrel length would have more to do with velocity. To a point, barrel length=velocity=less drop. Too long or too short means less velocity and more drop.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom