• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Prices on the SKS have just been going up over the years. I was always interested in having one and kept hearing the stories of people getting them for around $100. Well those prices just did not exist anymore, so I picked up a Serbian police trade in about 5 years ago and glad I did.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have one and pretty fond of it, but no way I would ever pay todays price for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Prices on the SKS have just been going up over the years. I was always interested in having one and kept hearing the stories of people getting them for around $100. Well those prices just did not exist anymore, so I picked up a Serbian police trade in about 5 years ago and glad I did.
    My first SKS was $79. My second, 30 yrs later, was $400.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I paid 299 for a numbers matching 1967 Sks. The other one I trade a shotgun I bought at a auction for $100. The guy paid me $200 and the sks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My first SKS was $79.
    For mine, I was willing to take one without a bayonet so the dealer discounted it to $65 which, even back then, was good for a real Russian-built SKS.

For months afterward, my mom pestered me with "It's a dependable little rifle that shoots cheap ammo. You should go buy a dozen more."

Did I listen? :(

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Sks's are fun, but not really worth what they go for now.

I can never not think of the guy i once worked with who stashed one in a field during the Clinton years, only for wal mart to build a parking lot over it, lol

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I guess I joined the SKS wagon on the late side. My first three cost $155.95 each back in November 2002, they were all Yugo 59/66 models. They were advertised as new/unissued and they looked like it when I received them. I picked out the best and sold the rest to coworkers.

The one I picked was a decent shooter too.

Yugo SKS first shots.jpg

The next two cost a lot more. In September 2017, I got another Yugo 59/66, that one for my son cost $384.31. That price included my bid, the buyer's premium and sales tax. I got it at an auction in Geneva, NY.

1648058727551.png

The last one I purchased, also at the same auction house but in September 2018, was a Norinco. That one put me out $354.75. Nowadays, I'd consider a purchase price between $350 & $400 to be a bargain for an SKS in excellent condition, they sell for a price anywhere from $450.00 to well over $1,000.00. apiece. I was amazed at the 'sold for' prices I saw when I ran an advanced search showing those that had sold over the past year.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Paid $200-300 for one. But it belonged to an uncle that passed away and his guns were being sent to auction so I got what I could before that happened.

Norinco with bayonet.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For mine, I was willing to take one without a bayonet so the dealer discounted it to $65 which, even back then, was good for a real Russian-built SKS.

For months afterward, my mom pestered me with "It's a dependable little rifle that shoots cheap ammo. You should go buy a dozen more."

Did I listen? :(
    Years ago, an auto repair shop had a sporting goods business, a Christian book store and an antique furniture store and decided to just focus on the auto repair business and were selling all the sporting goods at deep discount. They had several crates of SKS and Mosin Nagant rifles for sale at $59 each. I sure wished I had bought a crate of each now!

Top Bottom