• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had a package from Motorola, showed on informed delivery. Not in my box, someone received it and kept it. Not only does the post suck but so does the neighbor who got it.
    DK Firearms

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    It's their electric trucks that slows things down. Well, the $ they want to spend on elec trucks. And all the commercial 'paper' they depend on for income. I don't need all those ads.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I have a missing package lost as well, arrived in Missouri City on Dec 6, went to Houston the same day, then back to Missouri City on the same DAY! Dec 7 Next day to the next facility , same message all the way thru Dec 15. What a clusterfuck. The USPS has become the equivalent of a $2 whore.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I know that mail is typically slower during the holiday season, but it shouldn't take two weeks (still counting) to get a first-class letter to South Carolina or over a week (still counting) to California. It appears that the Postal Service is now using trucks to send first class mail, versus airlines as a cost saving measure. They might as well them close them down as it's dang near not worth using them anymore.
    I have to wonder if it is not a move on the part of Congress to make the alternatives - UPS, Fedex, etc - look better than the USPS despite the cost. Because 10-12 years ago, I could send a letter from San Angelo to Spur and it would make it overnight via regular post. That was despite having to go to Midland to be sorted, then to Lubbock for the local sort, and delivered to the Post Office in Spur for delivery which nearly doubles the distance.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    They do this every year and then complain that they (the Union really) needs more money. It's amazing that they can handle massive amounts of mail-in ballots, but can't handle something that happens every year...

For regular mail, it seems we're stuck with the inefficient, unmotivated and incompetent USPS.

For packages though, use pirateship.com to get the best rates. I've been using them for years and haven't found anyone yet that can beat their prices.
    Can firearms and/or ammo be shipped using pirateship?

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    This is what I see mostly in Informed Delivery of late:
    SlowUSPS17DEC23.png

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    In the early 60's if you mailed a letter in a mailbox with a star on it there was guaranteed delivery anywhere in the US the next day. I can't even get next day delivery to my next door neighbor now.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Shipping is a shit show And it's a miracle that anything gets delivered at all.

It's the infinite monkey theorem but instead of the complete works of Shakespeare, your package arrives late and it's broken into a million pieces.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I used to fill out order forms from midway and RCBS and mail them off with a check.
    Stuff I ordered showed up every time.
    Seemed to take a while, as I recall.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It just causes heartburn to worry about it.
    99% of the time the item will show up. It just takes a while.
    FWIW, “free” shipping is where the issue lies.
    This is a synonym for We Will Ship It When We Feel Like It and to hell with your tracking number. We gave it to an armadillo.
    Pay for the shipping and it shows up more or less in a few days.
    I’ve had “free” shipping stuff come as far as my local USPS center then go to Detroit and back.
    I’ll pay a few bucks for the shipping Thank You very much.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Can firearms and/or ammo be shipped using pirateship?
    Pirateship only gets you pricing for UPS and USPS, they don't handle the transport themselves. They get bulk shipping discounts because of the volume of folks using their services. Using their service, I can ship packages via UPS cheaper than I could on my own and much cheaper than USPS (even with insurance).

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    In the early 60's if you mailed a letter in a mailbox with a star on it there was guaranteed delivery anywhere in the US the next day. I can't even get next day delivery to my next door neighbor now.
    I'm old enough to remember when there were 2 deliveries daily except for Saturdays. Probably smaller routes and more delivery people.......Before computers.

Top Bottom