• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    leVieux,

2 things I would make certain of going the pepper spray route for self defense against attacking dogs: 1. Make certain the spray is highly effective, (max scoville units - I use to use Freeze Plus P) or Fox Labs, no off brand, hardware pepper store spray.

2. Be absolutely certain to buy some 'Sudecon Decontamination Wipes'. They're available at Amazon and elsewhere on the net. If you get some of the highly potent pepper spray accidentally on you, you'll be so glad you have it as it's works almost instantly...

On my bike, I used to average an absolute minimum of 25 miles a day about 5 days out of 7 and I was frequently attacked by dogs while cycling.

I used to buy Freeze Plus P pepper spray by the CASE in 4 oz. cans that I would put in holster (of sorts) and clip onto my gun belt.
    Thanks for. the specific advice.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    YELL AT ME IN CAPS ALL YOU WANT LMFAO!
    We live in a country with freedom of speech and we all have a right to express our thoughts. Just like you have the right to call me narrow minded even though you know nothing about me.
    No not all pitbull owners are bad,there unfortunately is a large group of people who reflect a certain stereo type and own pitbulls. Also I live in a area where there is a few pitbull owners who let there dogs roam which are pitbulls. They have caused problems for the neighbors and killed a few lambs.
    Last incident the trailer trash neighbors breed of peace received a 45 acp 230 gr through its beautiful head for attacking neighbors poodle on my property. There is a frequent pattern seen in pitbulls and thier owners. But not all owners are degenerates white trash gang banger looking scum. Unfortunately a large group are . Pitbull fighting is a thing in my area sadly.

<>

”There is a frequent pattern seen in pitbulls and thier owners”

AMEN to that !

They are out to prove that THEIR pitt bull is not ‘bad”; but always at the expense of some innocent.

As they say, ”There is no recall button on a bullet in flight”. Same with those dogs.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

see:

Dog attack fatalities:

note here that “bull terriier” is only #61 in popularity (frequency) of dog breeds:

Taken together, these statistics reveal that serious dog attacks are many times more frequent from “Pitt Bull Terriers”, than from the much more numerous other breeds.

<>

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    leVieux,

Some of the techniques I used (stream type spray) when attacked by dogs was to quickly aim above the eyes and do a Z pattern down, think Zorro.

This situation is when they're parallel with you, like next to your pedaling feet...

When I had a dog or dogs running to catch up with me - once they were in range, but still behind me, I'd hold the can upside down behind my back and do a wide 'Zig - Zag' spray pattern.

Most of the time (in my experience) 'most' dogs would stop and often roll on the ground smearing their eyes into the grass.

Pepper spray does not injure the dog, but it temporarily hurts like a bastard, so they forget all about chasing and perhaps biting you...maybe to death.

The most dogs I've ever had come after me was 3 big mixed breed, perhaps 80lbs or more and coming without barking... It's terrifying, but you must control your fear. Keep pedaling and have your spray in your hand ready to deploy it when it'll do the most good.

As Candcallen pointed out, not ALL dogs will stop, but MOST will.

Those that won't and if you're quick to access your pistol will maybe save you...maybe.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    More people are shot than dogs by people trying to shoot dogs in residential areas. I might be exaggerating a tiny bit but think about that.

Rick O'shey will get your ass if you are shooting a dog on an area full of concrete and hard surfaces. It won't take you 10 seconds to find stories of people shot by someone trying to shoot a dog.

Bullets Bounce.

You better be right ontop of that dog all most at contact range to be justified and to not miss. You better be aware of what's behind the dog and better assume it will go through the hit the surface and bounce if that surface is hard.

Also consider where you are at and how to get the phuck out and now cause you might have pissed of owners to deal with and you gotta still call the po po.

Absolutely the last resort. Decision.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We live in a country with freedom of speech and we all have a right to express our thoughts. Just like you have the right to call me narrow minded even though you know nothing about me.
    No not all pitbull owners are bad,there unfortunately is a large group of people who reflect a certain stereo type and own pitbulls. Also I live in a area where there is a few pitbull owners who let there dogs roam which are pitbulls. They have caused problems for the neighbors and killed a few lambs.
    Last incident the trailer trash neighbors breed of peace received a 45 acp 230 gr through its beautiful head for attacking neighbors poodle on my property. There is a frequent pattern seen in pitbulls and thier owners. But not all owners are degenerates white trash gang banger looking scum. Unfortunately a large group are . Pitbull fighting is a thing in my area sadly.
    BUT YOU SEEM TO BE ONE OF THOSE NARROW-MINDED PEOPLE THAT PAINTS WITH A VERY BROAD BRUSHRELYING ON PASSING JUDGEMENT OF OTHERS WITH YOU OWN SELF PERCIEVED STEREOTYPES

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    PROVE IT TOUGH GUY!

Top Bottom