• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    My first 3rd gen S&W semi-auto. Worth the price paid? Came with one factory 15-round magazine.

IMG_3013sm.jpg

IMG_3018sm.jpg

IMG_3021sm.jpg
    Texas SOT

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Good God that is a screaming deal. Those go for about $500 now. Wish S&W still made those instead of all the plastic fantastics

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Just noticed the engraving...looks odd.
    But not a deal breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good deal - I've got a gun with crap like that etched into it. Doesn't bother me too much when I'm shooting it. Doesn't seem to bother the bullets going through it either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I didn't realize there were case numbers.
    I thought it was just DL number multiple times.

Firearms entered as evidence are permanently etched. Folks that privately mark their guns engrave it with initials. Maybe including the last 4 of the SSN. I can't really read the engraving in the picture. It looks text book pOlice evidence engraved.

I bet it was $200....lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There's nothing wrong with it. I was worked a double homicide. Guy came home and shot his mother. He then retreated to his room and smoked himself.

You know it was the weapon used but it has to verified. It's sent to the DPS crime lab. After they do their thing. It's sent back. Well, the owner is dead and none of the existing family would want the murder weapon back.

That specific Beretta bobcat became the Chief of Police new back up gun. For free. Write off police property. So evidence guns do make it back into circulation.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There's nothing wrong with it. I was worked a double homicide. Guy came home and shot his mother. He then retreated to his room and smoked himself.

You know it was the weapon used but it has to verified. It's sent to the DPS crime lab. After they do their thing. It's sent back. Well, the owner is dead and none of the existing family would want the murder weapon back.

That specific Beretta bobcat became the Chief of Police new back up gun. For free. Write off police property. So evidence guns do make it back into circulation.

Yep. I know a guy who has the gun his son killed himself with. Not sure I would want it.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I remember waaay back in the 70’s my dad would etch his SSN onto things...probably not a great idea to do that these days LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom