• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ill share one of my own recipes.

Shells work the best as they hold smoke. Pour the dry shells in a metal strainer. If you have a charcoal starter cylinder. Set the dry noodles on top of the cylinder just as the charcoal begins to smoke. Keep a close eye on it as the fire moves up.

Stir the dry noodles as they smoke. Not constantly but enough to keep the noodles from burning as the fire gets hotter.

The other way to smoke the noodles is set the metal strainer on the cool side of your pit. Let it set, turning over the noodles when you check the meat.

Once the noodles take a roasted look. Set aside.

Now dump in some jalapeno slices, Tabasco chipotle, smoked grill bacon cuts into a pot of water. Bring to boil, add the smoked dry noodles. Boil till you think it's done.

Serve with Meat and Beer.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    That was last night's dinner. Pork chops wrapped in bacon. Soaked in captain Morgan, a1, worchester sauce, seasoning. Potatoes, onion, the smoked Mac & cheese.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    PICS man! We need pics!!!

This is what I mean.

50d80bc90c79b9353b493d0bd98bf7d4.jpg

Roast till they look like this or longer if the fire is cool. Any charred shells, throw to the dog.

8108a9ddc47c87d5f852665b501f65b0.jpg

You gotta watch it. The fire moves up fast. Shake the noodles around like you making pop corn on the stove. About as much too.

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The noodles look lighter then they are in the pic. I still roasted them till the flame got too high. Burning noodles. They take a brown rice color on all the edges. They also take a dry look.

The smoke flavor sticks after boiling. Pretty bold flavor too.

Last edited:

Pmac51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Cool, what are you using for the cheese? I use heavy cream reduced and maytag blue for the sauce, can add thin sliced green onion bulbs for added texture. Usually I just add meat to it, something hearty like duck or game hen shredded. That's normally what I smoke. Or you can add lobster claws that works too and some gratin. 4-5 oz meat per 12-14oz mac.

Top Bottom