Gun Zone Deals

So, do hippies hate all jobs or just other peoples'?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    I just heard on the radio they are trying to get the Feds to make almost 50k oil and gas jobs in the permian basin to go away because some lizard lives there.

I only caught part of the article the estimate was almost 50k jobs directly ended and 3 to 4 times that in service jobs going away as a result.

Has anybody else heard of this or is my tin foil hat too tight again?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not this specifically, but I have heard of cases where people were not able to build houses or other structures on their property because of other endanger species.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    I know this sort of crap happens. This one just sounds like a really good way for the "progressives" to bring Texas employment rates closer in line with the party ideal.

Last edited:

caleb7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I've heard of the planned opening of an oil field somewhere the Southwest region being stopped because of the presence of a lizard that could have been endangered, putting a similar sized stint in job growth, but I don't know how related these two instances are.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hadn't heard about the lizard but I have heard about the small (about a quarter inch tall) desert flower that grows over oil shale being put on the "Protected" list and basically shutting down oil shale field development. The eco-terrorists will use any means to stop oil and gas production so they can "save" the planet from all us evil humans.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The lizard story is true.
    It's been studied about 3 years now.

I "think" they found more of the lizards than they thought existed.
    Waiting to see how the cactus huggers spin this one.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    so if someone were to kill all the remaining lizards, it wouldn't be necessary to protect their environment anymore, right? ;)

Hey! Lizards are cool. It's them damned tree huggers that are the problem. Cattle grazing? Have the feds been to Midland?

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    so if someone were to kill all the remaining lizards, it wouldn't be necessary to protect their environment anymore, right? ;)

Wouldn't that just suck if suddenly there was a HUGE increase in the rattle snake population that ate all of the hippie lizards? Almost as if someone took crates of rattle snakes out there and let them graze on the poor things? Terrible.... just terrible

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just heard on the radio they are trying to get the Feds to make almost 50k oil and gas jobs in the permian basin to go away because some lizard lives there.

I only caught part of the article the estimate was almost 50k jobs directly ended and 3 to 4 times that in service jobs going away as a result.

Has anybody else heard of this or is my tin foil hat too tight again?

They hate all jobs and all people. They're opposed to anybody (else) living decently, not starving, not dying of diseases that should have been wiped out a hundred years ago (anti-vaccination movement), and basically want us all to try being cavemen again.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Wouldn't that just suck if suddenly there was a HUGE increase in the rattle snake population that ate all of the hippie lizards? Almost as if someone took crates of rattle snakes out there and let them graze on the poor things? Terrible.... just terrible

I recommend... No, DEMAND, background checks on all rattlesnake sales. And if someone buys a crate of them? I want it to be mandatory for the licensed rattlesnake dealer to report this to the feds.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I recommend... No, DEMAND, background checks on all rattlesnake sales. And if someone buys a crate of them? I want it to be mandatory for the licensed rattlesnake dealer to report this to the feds.

and then tax the hell out of it!

Top Bottom