Texas SOT

So, how many of you are TEA Party members?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I grew up with my mom being a yellow-dog democrat.

Never understood voting a straight party ticket.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Not a card carrying member but a supporter when they put up good candidates. While I did several years ago vote both GOP and Dem I cannot see now voting Democrat at all, they have moved to far left/radical for me, the old blue dog is gone, even the GOP hierarchy has moved left/progressive, the only hope for the country is too pull the line back to center and the Tea Party may be the only chance for that.

A vote for any liberal is a vote for gun control......

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    I believe I'm "Taxed Enough Already" but I'm not a member, if you can actually be one. I feel that what the TEA party did was provide a platform for more real conservative/libertarian folks to buck the establishment and begin to pull the Republican Party back to its roots of Reaganesque glory and away from DemocratLite.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    While having good intentions, the TEA party "water's down" the republican vote so much that a united democrat has risen above the split vote.

That's not to say TEA or Republicans are at fault, but splitting up the percentages works in favor of a third party in the running.

TEA and republicans need to find some middle ground so that any agenda other than a democratic one can move forward.

my opinion ...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    While having good intentions, the TEA party "water's down" the republican vote so much that a united democrat has risen above the split vote.

That's not to say TEA or Republicans are at fault, but splitting up the percentages works in favor of a third party in the running.

TEA and republicans need to find some middle ground so that any agenda other than a democratic one can move forward.

my opinion ...

The establishment republicans want nothing to do with true tea party candidates.

I think it is the republican RINOs who split the vote. They need to stop.:p

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I haven't heard anything from the Tea Party that I don't agree with so guess I lean that direction.
    Too many believe you have to be either/or and are afraid to be "labeled".
    I don't care what group you claim as long as it is Conservative.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The problem with taking a groups label, is that it gives the impression that you agree with EVERYTHING they say. Most people don't agree with every single point of view so they may avoid accepting a specific label.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The problem with taking a groups label, is that it gives the impression that you agree with EVERYTHING they say. Most people don't agree with every single point of view so they may avoid accepting a specific label.
    You've hit it on the head. Politics has become a football game, and you have to cheer for your team, wear the right jersey, buy all the promotional gear, etc.

Screw that. Lets get back to voting in people who will work FOR this country, rather than against. TEA started down that road, until the group too started playing into the same football team rhetoric. I started out being incredibly enthusiastic, now not so much. I cheer for no team.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas

my opinion ...

I think you are misguided.
    The Tea Party objectives are largely fiscal, why aren't other Conservative groups joining in?
    Any Conservative back lash is strictly from a fear of self preservation.
    We have tried the 'middle ground' route in 2008,12 and failed miserably.
    I do agree we need to come together but it's establishment R's holding us back not the TP.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You've hit it on the head. Politics has become a football game, and you have to cheer for your team, wear the right jersey, buy all the promotional gear, etc.

Screw that. Lets get back to voting in people who will work FOR this country, rather than against. TEA started down that road, until the group too started playing into the same football team rhetoric. I started out being incredibly enthusiastic, now not so much. I cheer for no team.

Politicians should be like race car drivers...that is they should have to wear a jacket or clothing showing all their supporters listed on it. That said, I'm not a card-carrying Tea Party member but I somewhat lean in that direction. I'm somewhat conservative and somewhat libertarian.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I think you are misguided.
    The Tea Party objectives are largely fiscal, why aren't other Conservative groups joining in?
    Any Conservative back lash is strictly from a fear of self preservation.
    We have tried the 'middle ground' route in 2008,12 and failed miserably.
    I do agree we need to come together but it's establishment R's holding us back not the TP.

What I gathered from that is that

1) you consider yourself a TEA party member
    2) it's the other guy's fault because middle ground was tried, failed, so it's their turn.

I think that illustrates my point when I said ...

I'm just sayin' that regardless of fault, conservative fence riders fall into one or the other group come election day. And that "dilution" plays into the hands of the other party.

Top Bottom