So, I got T-Boned Tonight....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by chevydeerhunter, Dec 1, 2008.

1. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I was driving my daughter to a school function when a car on a side street came full throttle from a stop sign and plowed into my truck. I am HIGHLY pissed right now! The pics are crap because of the lack of light, but here are a couple of her car and my truck.
    Fortunately it is driveable but hers is DOA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    that sucks ...hope you and your family are ok...

3. chevydeerhunter

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks and yeah, we're fine. I'm just highly pissed that's all. She got into a fight with her boyfriend and drove off in a fit. I'm lucky in the fact that nobody was seriously injured and that I'm able to drive the truck. She just got this car two days ago because she totaled her other one! Can you believe that?!?

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Thats ironic....the U.S. makes it too easy to get a drivers license and it shows in our accidnet and insurance rates.
    I'm not real big on following European leads on things, but they do better than us in the arena of issuing DLs.

5. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's good to hear you're alright.

6. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    cdh, glad you're alright. I'd be ticked too. People like her should get their licenses revoked.

...and people gripe that we need more gun control...uhuh...how about some driver's license control

7. chevydeerhunter

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Luckily for me, they're fully covered by Allstate. She's 19. I was so livid that whenever she came over to me to exchange information, I just told her to back off because I was too pissed to talk to her. She, in front of a couple of witnesses, admitted she hit me which shows her inexperience and stupidity.

The last time I got hit, I had to fight tooth and nail just to get my truck back to the way it was. What I'm worried about is that since my truck is a 2003 model, it's already almost 6 years old. I'm hoping the damage isn't so much that they'll try to total it instead of trying to fix it. I can't afford a truck payment right now.

8. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Glad you and your daughter are ok. Hope everything works out for ya!

9. busdriver72

busdriver72 Member

Vehicles can be fixed or replaced. Family members can't.
    I'm thankful y'all are okay.....I'm even thankful the girl that hit y'all is okay, too. Maybe she learned something.

10. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Glad your truck won. Gottta watch those ex-girlfriends driving around crying and talking on the phone. Good she has insurance, does she have parents?