• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    My wife and I get into discussions about CHL and use of force and whatnot every now and then. She’s an artist…so you can imagine which side of the fence she’s on… She bites her tongue most of the time, but once in awhile, she blurts out complete nonsense about how dangerous it is for me to be carrying a loaded firearm. “If someone’s going to rob you, just give them your belongings”, “if someone is going to break into your home, just let them be and they’ll leave”, etc. You get the idea, a liberal from a totally different world. The other day, she had heard a news story about a guy with a knife who carjacked someone, they fought back and got stabbed to death. She began her usual, “if that idiot would have just given up the car and ran away…” when I broke in and said: what would you do? Of course she said, “I would just get out of the car and run, can't stab me then”. Then I said: Ok, what would you do if someone did it right now (motioning back to our 16 month old strapped in his car seat)?

Silence…

She just realized there are things worth fighting over. She posed the question back to me. I told her that my family and my own safe escape from a situation is always first. Anytime that I thought we could escape without injury by giving up valuables or a car, that’s the way it’s going to be. But, you try to pull me out of my vehicle with my kid locked in the back or you back us up in a corner? It’s going to get real ugly, whether I’m armed or not. She agreed. Now she wants a pink gun…

It’s funny how people’s views on a situation can change when you put the important things into the equation.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    I think you're absolutely right. It's hard for people to empathize situations they have never personally been in.

I think the majority of americans are in the mindset of not to me or in my community.

The only thing i would've added is what about the people that want nothing more than to bring you harm.Those are the ones i truly carry against.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Education and experience are two things that generally bring people towards guns. It's unfortunate we live in a society that forces people to defend themselves with violence and bloodshed, but it's not going to change, and never will change.

Generally speaking, most avoidance with guns is due to being uninformed with them. People fear their power, but do so mostly because they don't know how to properly use it and don't know what to expect. There are another group of people that fear guns because they are simply immature. They have fantastical ideology over an inanimate object, and frankly guns generally are not for these people. I don't get mad at these latter people because it is their free choice ultimately, but I will get mad if they try to impose on me.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    How much do you want to live? How much do you love your family? Do you love your family enough to fight for, and if need be, kill for them if any of your lives are threatened? Honestly it's that simple, and I think those are several simple questions everyone should ask themselves. If anyone said no to the last question, just let me know who you are so that I can rob you and teach you a lesson! ;) j/k (totally kidding, but if you said no, seriously what are you doing here?!)

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    As Clint Smith says (paraphrased) "You want my car? Fine. You want my money? Ok. You want my family? Better get you earmuffs on cuz it's fixin to get loud."

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    it's very typical with liberals. you must "personalise" it for them to get it. remember, a conservative was once liberal until they got mugged

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm dating a liberal. A vegetarian liberal. A vegetarian, Morrissey-loving liberal. Who hates the death penalty.

Before we started dating (about eight weeks ago) the subject of guns came up. She told me she didn't know anything about guns and preferred to keep it that way. Guess what? This weekend she's coming with me to the SA meetup in Marion. She told me she's excited to shoot her first gun. I guess being with a well-spoken, well-educated gun collector can change your perspective.

Kindness, patience, and sound reasoning are the best way to convert anybody (considering they are even capable of such). Good job with the wife! We need EVERYBODY on our side we can get!

Now get out there and be adamant gentlemen, fellas!

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'm a lucky one (in a way), I'm dating a Liberal, but she loves to shoot and loves guns! We are planning on getting both or CHL's very soon. I think it helped that her father is a huge hunter and supporter of the NRA and she grew up that way. But she is a liberal...We have our differences politically, but we've been dating for 4 years. (I'm 23, not in a big rush to get married ;)

MrBigAxe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    SoTex
    I forgot about this forum after I registered a while back... I need to swing by more often.

I was dating a woman a few months ago that had her CHL before me. She eats meat, shoots guns, loves Jesus, and actually knows how to drive. I need get back with that gal.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I married one too ... twice ... my first wife was and still is a rabid leftie, worships Obama and can't be swayed ... my second wife, the current Mrs. Biker, started out a leftie but years of subtle pressure and coaxing have changed her tune; now, she asks if I'm "packing" when we go out (working on getting that word out of her vocabulary) and I'm THIS close to getting her to take a CHL class and carry herself .. just a few more years .... she was convinced one anniversary years ago when we were celebrating on the River Walk in San Antonio and had to walk back to our B&B through a dark park area ... had to move her to my left side because she wouldn't let go of my arm and would have fouled my draw were it necessary ... did a lot of things wrong that night, including not just taking a cab back ...

Top Bottom