Venture Surplus ad

So, I Was Mowing the Lawn When................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Helling I'm doing towels & mopping. The wife mentions I have to much to do. Back when she was starting to show signs of slacking around the house I hired a cleaner for her. $80.00 is alot of money. Especially with Brandonomics 5.74 raising it ugly head.
    Target Sports

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Used to have a HS kid do it very well. He graduated and moved to CO. Cultivates 'medicinal' plants for alot more. A church 'friend' borrowed my mower, used it as a rock crusher and lost the gas cap back in Feb. I don't attend there anymore. My trimmer was stolen a while back along with all my reloading tools and brass. So my nice neighbor recommended her lawn guy who did a great job... twice. Then he quit the lawn business. Now I sorta manage this burb lawn with the rock crusher and a pair of pawnshop clippers every couple of weeks. Won't win any HOA awards but I don't get anonymous letters either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Sometimes I think mowing, edging, trimming, weedeating, picking up branches, sweeping leaves, etc...

But, my yard looks really good...

A guy came by and told me he would do it for $200 a pop....

So now, I not only feel good about the way it looks but I feel like I'm making money in the process... oh, that guy probably won't be back around....

I can usually get the weedeating and edging done in about an hour and a half and two tanks of gas in the weedeater. The mowing takes another 3 hours. With the back and forth it's a good day's work... I lost 60# the first year we lived here... been keeping it off too... It beats the Hell out of pushing paper across a desk all day...

Where we lived before I was doing yards for three widows, one divorcee and a young guy named Matthew, free gratis. #1 wife asked me why I did his lawn. I told her, "Matthew works hard all day, every day. When he comes home he plays with his kids. Someday, Matthew will pay this favor forward."

Alan

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Never turned one over but the back part of my prior home was the drainage area for several acres that went to a culvert. I've managed to get my mower stuck in the mud where it sat for a few days. My neighbor would enjoy the good laugh.
    There's some areas of my property that's like that.

I have had to get the 4 wheeler and a logging chain more than once.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    About to turn 74 and still doing my own yard work on one acre. Disassembled the darn riding mower last month to get to the cracked fuel tank to replace it. Had to take virtually the whole top half of the mower off, since the tank is under the seat. So I gotta get a few more years out of it. Traded the gas weed eater for a cordless electric 5 or 6 years ago. One less headache to mess with as far as fuel mixing and hard starting and weight and noise. Okay, 4 less headaches.

I have a dry creek running through the back property line that I do worry about getting too close to.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Never had any incidents with riding mowers......

But...when I was 14 or so, I was moldboarding a field with a Case 1170 and ran it in a little too deep and the next thing I saw was nothing but sky...........

Hit the clutch and the front end came down hard........damn near crapped my pants......

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I was brush hogging a hill that was just too steep on a 47 8N with no weight rack in front. Crawling up it the front end started coming up and I was soon past the point of no return. My choices at that point were A- to jump of and let it flip over or B- abandon the seat, belly flop onto the cowling and hang on for dear life. I chose B. One of the few times in my life I was glad I was fat. Needless to say I mowed only down that hill after.

Maxrobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Nashua, new Hampshire
    Back in 1995, I was a reenactor extra in the filming of the Civil War movie "Andersonville" in Georgia. A stand-in for a one-legged soldier actor actually was missing both legs. I was the only one who came up and asked how it happened. He said he had both legs lopped off by a brush hog. Plus it happened while he was working on the far side of a lake and no one could get to him for a while. (The actor he stood in for had actually lost both legs in a car accident.)

Top Bottom