• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I see NcStar and the like have compact 3-9x40 scopes, but I've never seen one from a decent scope maker. I want a good scope for my PTR, but the design doesn't lend itself well to mounting a long scope. Plus I just don't like the look and extra weight of huge scopes... The 6x48 ACOG would probably be perfect except for the fact it costs 2-3 times what I'd like to pay.

Any recommendations?
    Hurley's Gold

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What exactly are you looking for in a scope?
    Dream scope? 3-12x40, 30mm tube, flexible eye relief (I do not understand the mechanics of this, but would like to), FFP reticle with some kind of built in range finding (I kinda like circles), some form of parallax adjustment, about 10in in length, and light as a feather

Basically what I'd like to do is make fast hits on target out to 500yards. I don't like fiddly turrets for adjusting for bullet drop, so I'd like some hold over reference of some kind, but I also don't want a busy reticule. Something like Nikon's predator bdc would be good, except their circles are way too small. I'd want the circles to be 18" (or maybe 10") at various distances. Preferably optimized for 7.62 NATO.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Try SWFA.com.
    They carry the Millett series of tactical scopes.
    They have a great selection and good prices, but their site doesn't lend itself well to browsing. You kind of have to know what you want before hand. Someone really needs to make a "scope chooser". Put in a few specs and it'll return results... All the specs are out there, someone just needs to make a search-able database for them.

I've got a Millett DMS on one of my ARs. It's ok... I want something better for my .308, tho.

Leupold makes a very compact 2X7.
    Hmm, that VX•R 2-7x33mm does look nice. The Ballistic FireDot looks good, too. My Googlefu is weak, and I'm having a hard time finding the subtensions on it... Anyone know?
    It might be just a tad too long, tho. I need to get a more accurate measurement of the max length of a scope I can fit. The problem on the PTR is the placement of the charging handle. I love it, but also hate it.

Oh, I like that... but for an AR15. Not really looking for a CQB scope for the .308.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dream scope? 3-12x40, 30mm tube, flexible eye relief (I do not understand the mechanics of this, but would like to), FFP reticle with some kind of built in range finding (I kinda like circles), some form of parallax adjustment, about 10in in length, and light as a feather

Basically what I'd like to do is make fast hits on target out to 500yards. I don't like fiddly turrets for adjusting for bullet drop, so I'd like some hold over reference of some kind, but I also don't want a busy reticule. Something like Nikon's predator bdc would be good, except their circles are way too small. I'd want the circles to be 18" (or maybe 10") at various distances. Preferably optimized for 7.62 NATO.

I'd check out Vortex.

Top Bottom