• ...and so much more!
  • texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Thank you, texcross! I'm sure this has been a huge pain in the ass for you and you're hearing how no good deed goes unpunished!! I'm not pointing out any problems, just saying: THANK YOU!!

LOL
    Thanks
    We had no choice, the 1.5 version no longer supported so the 2.1 version was a massive change. So these changes were not by choice!

watching this thread closely and will get things fixed

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Delete posts option is back, 24 hour time limit like before, thanks for posting that had to flip a smalls setting.

Awesome. Thank you!

LOL
    Thanks
    We had no choice, the 1.5 version no longer supported so the 2.1 version was a massive change. So these changes were not by choice!

watching this thread closely and will get things fixed

That's something many don't get. There is often not a choice and upgrading can be a good thing to help keep known vulnerabilities at bay.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The following is for folks accessing the forum via web browsers, not Tapatalk.

Just a short tip for folks who are having problems finding their previous posts.

At the moment, clicking your avatar at the top of the page then clicking "Your Content" will produce a list of your posts with a large gap omitting about 2 years of recent posts. If you use that method to find your old posts, I feel your pain. I use it all the time and now it's temporarily broken. Texcross is working on that.

In the meantime and as an alternative, if you want to see a list of everything you've posted, click "Search" at the top of the page next to the magnifying glass. In the popup, make sure "Threadloom search" is selected and enter your user name in the "By:" field. When you hit search, you'll see the same thing you used to get when you clicked your avatar, then "Your Content."

IOW, this is a quick way to see that two years of posts that seemed to be missing. They really aren't.

ETA: Some of you will discover that the posts go missing again if you choose Xenforo search instead of Threadloom. Texcross already knows.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How do we now "watch" a thread, without actually putting some comment, in order to follow it.
    I'm not seeing it.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    On mobile it's here.

SmartSelect_20200809-104735_Chrome.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How do we now "watch" a thread, without actually putting some comment, in order to follow it.
    I'm not seeing it.
    It's at the top, just above the first post on the page, where it's always been. At least, that's what I see. If it's not there on your machine, please post a screenshot.

b747fp

Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    The following is for folks accessing the forum via web browsers, not Tapatalk.

Just a short tip for folks who are having problems finding their previous posts.

At the moment, clicking your avatar at the top of the page then clicking "Your Content" will produce a list of your posts with a large gap omitting about 2 years of recent posts. If you use that method to find your old posts, I feel your pain. I use it all the time and now it's temporarily broken. Texcross is working on that.

In the meantime and as an alternative, if you want to see a list of everything you've posted, click "Search" at the top of the page next to the magnifying glass. In the popup, make sure "Threadloom search" is selected and enter your user name in the "By:" field. When you hit search, you'll see the same thing you used to get when you clicked your avatar, then "Your Content."

IOW, this is a quick way to see that two years of posts that seemed to be missing. They really aren't.

ETA: Some of you will discover that the posts go missing again if you choose Xenforo search instead of Threadloom. Texcross already knows.
    Can you check and see if "your content" now shows the correct posts? I rebuilt the Search Index

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And the award for shortest-lived tech tip goes to...

IOW, this problem is fixed for me. Can anyone else confirm that it's now functioning properly?

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    There used to be up and down arrows on the bottom right portion of the screen to take you all the way to the top or bottom of the page. I now have an up arrow, but no down arrow. Hmmmm.

Not the end of all humanity as we know it, but a slight inconvenience.

Top Bottom