Gun Zone Deals

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I found this short video on how the body fights off viruses. The body does a good job unless it's invaded by more viruses than it can handle. They don't always keep you from becoming sick but they'll keep working until you get better, like with a cold. Sometimes an infection is too much for the body to handle or causes too much damage for the body to survive.

Target Sports

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    DD,

I appreciate the wonderfully silly sparring and yes, it's entertaining.

However, if you let it raise your BP (a little medical jargon for you, which I trust you appreciated what with you being a medico and all) you may need to dial it back a bit.

Strokes and MI's aren't conducive to staying above ground.

Now, please watch some Sebastian Maniscalco stand up or Bill Burr, both very funny/witty comics!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DD,

However, if you let it raise your BP (a little medical jargon for you, which I trust you appreciated what with you being a medico and all) you may need to dial it back a bit.

Now, please watch some Sebastian Maniscalco stand up or Bill Burr, both very funny/witty comics!
    That's not likely to happen. It's entertainment for me and helps me relax and it keeps the mind active as well. Boredom can be stressful for me though. I like Bill Burr but I haven't heard of Sebastian Maniscalco. I'll check him out.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DD,

I checked out Sebastian Maniscalco. I didn't think he was as funny as Bill Burr but wasn't bad a all. Thanks.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I did not wear one again today.
    Lunch at Chesters Hamburgers here in SA
    Most patrons no masks
    All employees Masked.
    About as effective as pissing on a forest fire but the sheeple feel warm n fuzzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Sad state that so many sheeple feel they are saving themselves with a tissue paper cover on their face.

Went shopping today without a mask too. The idea of a mask though is that it might save someone else not the person wearing it. You know that right? You are not saving "themselves". If it works (I don't know) it may save someone else.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Meh that article kinda makes my point The first time you touch something after washing your hands you picked up plenty of cooties.

I’ve managed to make it to 52 years old without all this obsessive hand washing.

I think I and mine will be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm an obsessive hand washer. About thirty years ago, I got a pretty bad cut on my hand doing a repair on a truck on service call. Working in the mud, somehow I ended up with a staph infection and blood poisoning from that cut. After a few days spent in the hospital, and antibiotics from IV's, just washing my hands after I had cut myself, might have saved me a trip to the hospital.

Ever since then, I am very obsessive and almost OCD about washing my hands during the day. Might also explain why I very seldom ever get the flu or even the common cold.

Does my constant had washing prevent me from being infected? I don't honestly know for a fact, but I believe it's possible why I very seldom get sick.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Went shopping today without a mask too. The idea of a mask though is that it might save someone else not the person wearing it. You know that right? You are not saving "themselves". If it works (I don't know) it may save someone else.
    I don't know. I took care of people with TB and people with meningitis who were on Respiratory Isolation and Droplet Precautions. I never got those diseases nor did anyone else that took care of them. Maybe it was just luck.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

Well I personally dont get that close to others I dont know.
    Also explain to me how wearing said mask while IN LINE at the restaurant will help when you sit for an hr or so with out it the entire time then slap it on again as you leave.

Like Covid and all the other coodies in the air only hang out by the line or some shiat.

STUPID is as STUPID does.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well I personally dont get that close to others I dont know.
    Also explain to me how wearing said mask while IN LINE at the restaurant will help when you sit for an hr or so with out it the entire time then slap it on again as you leave.

Like Covid and all the other coodies in the air only hang out by the line or some shiat.

Maybe it's the places you go. Where I go the table/booths are six feet apart or there are plastic partitions between them. The servers all wear masks. The less exposure a person has the less likely they are to contract a disease. The more things you do to lessen your exposure the safer you are. That doesn't mean you are protected 100%. People use sun screen to block UV radiation but they still get exposed to some. By your logic, people shouldn't use sunscreen because it doesn't block 100% of the UV radiation.

When the restaurants reopened I started going out to eat a couple times a week because I was tired of home cooking. I didn't catch covid by doing that or by going anywhere else, I caught it at home when a family member (who didn't know he was infected yet) stopped by to drop something off and wasn't wearing a mask. Neither was I and we just talked a couple minutes and I got it. He owns a small business and was like you and thought masks were useless. He didn't require his employees to wear a mask. Apparently one of them got it and went to work thinking it was just seasonal allergies. Within a week all but two people in his office tested positive.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Do I need to post once again the CDC stats showing mask mandates have no effect on infection rates?

You are not saving anyone else.

Worse, you are giving vulnerable people (who should isolate) a false sense of security and putting them at risk.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Do I need to post once again the CDC stats showing mask mandates have no effect on infection rates?

Worse, you are giving vulnerable people (who should isolate) a false sense of security and putting them at risk.
    From the study you reference:

Increases in COVID-19 case and death growth rates were significantly associated with on-premises dining at restaurants after indoor or outdoor on-premises dining was allowed by the state for >40 days. Several factors might explain this observation. Even though prohibition of on-premises restaurant dining was lifted, restaurants were not required to open and might have delayed reopening. In addition, potential restaurant patrons might have been more cautious when restaurants initially reopened for on-premises dining but might have been more likely to dine at restaurants as time passed. Further analyses are necessary to evaluate the delayed increase in case and death growth rates.

The findings in this report are subject to at least three limitations. First, although models controlled for mask mandates, restaurant and bar closures, stay-at-home orders, and gathering bans, the models did not control for other policies that might affect case and death rates, including other types of business closures, physical distancing recommendations, policies issued by localities, and variances granted by states to certain counties if variances were not made publicly available. Second, compliance with and enforcement of policies were not measured. Finally, the analysis did not differentiate between indoor and outdoor dining, adequacy of ventilation, and adherence to physical distancing and occupancy requirements.

That study was about mask mandates in relationship to opening restaurants to indoor dining. Post a study that compares taking precautions as to opposed to taking no precautions. I still believe the problem is with people not using them correctly.

I agree that mask mandates give people a false sense of security.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio

For Texas45. The study OD is referencing is comparing mask mandates with restaurants closed against mask mandates with restaurants open.

Top Bottom