Gun Zone Deals

Some Businesses 'Still Require' Customers To Wear Masks (I knew this would happen)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It almost seems that some businesses that didn't enforce the mask mandate, now require masks to be worn.

That is entirely their business to do so. A business can set many policies regarding how patrons conduct themselves on their premises. No shirt, no shoes, = no service. They can have a dress code. Been is several really nice restaurants in the past, not wearing a tie, and you would never get inside the door. A mask could be considered a form of "dress code" I suppose.
    Texas SOT

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Texas restaurant owner creates $50 surcharge for customers asked to wear a mask

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...wner-creates-50-surcharge-for-customers-asked
    And in a related link on that page....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I watch the mask banter and it sort of amuse me to a certain extent. People on both sides seem to be obsessed with the mask. While many folks just refuse to wear a mask while arguably the same amount of folks would be happy wearing a mask for the rest of their life while alone in their car or home (I’ve witnessed this first hand)

I’m shocked by the amount of folks who don’t wash their hands after they use the bathroom. The only way I don’t wash my hands after using a toilet are of the toilet is so nasty I don’t dare touch anything or I don’t have the ability to such as in the woods or no soap & water to wash with. Think about that the next time someone tries to shake your hand.

I’d say contact is your biggest source for spreading most germs & virus.

Full disclosure: I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on TV.

Maybe businesses need to require customers to wash their hands before entering

Carry on, I’m just bored trying to pass time waiting on a appointment

Do you piss or poop all over your hands when you go to the bathroom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I do believe we've discovered the limits to a business owners rights. He can kick me out, have me charged with criminal trespass but he ain't collecting $50.00 for something I did not order off the menu!!!!
    Sounds like it's his poor idea of a joke but the governor specifically forbade any fines or imprisonment associated with mask requests/enforcement. Pretty sure.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Oh please. I looked at a number of studies from 2019 and earlier. Not one of them said that a mask less than a medical N95 type was at all effective at stopping transmission of a virus.

If the mask won't stop a virus coming in, in won't stop one going out.

All those droplets do not stay in the mask. Your breath forces them out in an even finer form which will travel farther.
    I didn't say it would stop it, I said it would lessen the transmission. Post a link to one of those studies. Not an article about one of those studies. Some people will zero in on things that they think support their viewpoint and ignore things that don't.

RESULTS Experimental volunteer studies We identified one study that examined the efficacy of face masks in filtering influenza virus in volunteer subjects. Johnson and colleagues tested the performance of surgical and N95 masks to filter virus in nine volunteers with confirmed influenza A or B virus infection [7]. Participants coughed five times onto a Petri dish containing viral transport medium held 20 cm in front of their mouth. The experiment was repeated with subjects wearing a surgical mask, and wearing an N95 respirator. While influenza virus could be detected by RT–PCR in all nine volunteers without a mask, no influenza virus could be detected on the Petri dish specimens when participants wore either type of face mask. A limitation was that the study did not consider the role of leakage around the sides of the mask.

The last study is from 2010.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I didn't say it would stop it, I said it would lessen the transmission. Post a link to one of those studies. Not an article about one of those studies. Some people will zero in on things that they think support their viewpoint and ignore things that don't.

RESULTS Experimental volunteer studies We identified one study that examined the efficacy of face masks in filtering influenza virus in volunteer subjects. Johnson and colleagues tested the performance of surgical and N95 masks to filter virus in nine volunteers with confirmed influenza A or B virus infection [7]. Participants coughed five times onto a Petri dish containing viral transport medium held 20 cm in front of their mouth. The experiment was repeated with subjects wearing a surgical mask, and wearing an N95 respirator. While influenza virus could be detected by RT–PCR in all nine volunteers without a mask, no influenza virus could be detected on the Petri dish specimens when participants wore either type of face mask. A limitation was that the study did not consider the role of leakage around the sides of the mask.

The last study is from 2010.
    Lessen by an amount that is not material.

If I get bored enough, I will go back and search again for the studies (not articles) that showed the ineffectiveness of the cloth and paper masks. If you are genuinely concerned, you can take the effort and search yourself.

Top Bottom