• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaysny87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2016
    Houston
    Hey guys just thought i would post some pics of some of the projects i worked on this last week at the shop i work at in Houston.

Nothing too glamorous on this guy. its a Ruger M77 action that i lapped the bolt lugs on. In addition the customer had us "detail media blast" certain areas of the action and bolt. The rest we left because he wanted to polish it himself.
    20160601_170336_zpszywe3zrn.jpg

Next was a Remington model 12 pump action .22. I wish i had taken before pictures because this thing was rusty as could be. The customer found it in a wooden box in the crawl space under his late fathers house. We polished it up to a 320 grit sanding per his request and slow rust blued it. i wish we could have done a full restoration and removed the deep pitting but the customer decided he just wanted it done on a budget.

sanded/polished. i did all the metal but didnt take a pic.
    20160607_104513_zpsgfiviyqk.jpg

second application on solution prior to boiling and carting with wire wheel
    20160608_144016_zpsmagb1cno.jpg

after five application cycles it got nice and dark. pictures taken prior to final assembly
    20160609_132659_zpswhpiosdy.jpg

20160609_132636_zpsbfcuaywv.jpg

this is a work in progress of a Glock 21L. just a cerakote job on the slide so far.
    FB_IMG_1465062173796_zpsy1aevdfj.jpg

Lastly a customer brought in his Noveske AR. SBR suppressed. He wanted every thing down to the last screw cerakoted foliage green. Also we had to tune the gas port a little bit due to feeding issues he was having. at first i wasnt sure how it was going to look using that much green but i actually kind of like it.
    20160608_124241_zpsdxx8c5um.jpg

20160608_124701_zpsymxoezx9.jpg

anyways just a little show and tell. thanks for looking
    -Jake
    Target Sports

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Very nice work, congratulations. That's definitely an older Ruger action as they only offered the drilled and tapped receiver for the first couple of years.

Top Bottom