• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well guys took a short video yesterday shooting some factory federal rounds. They were given to me and I am not exactly sure what they were.. I believe the fusion 167's? Regardless they shot fine and if you watch the video HD and blow it up you can see the trace.. I continue to be amazed at the 300wsm trajectory. These are not hot loaded rounds either. I had to switch to these rounds b/c the 208amax was putting holes in the target...

Also notice how the target gets pushed back and driven farther into the ground... I know I push this round like a pimp pushing a hooker but geez.. I have been shooting .308 for the last 4 years long range and I will probably not go back. We shot this target with .308 168's yesterday also.. the bullets do not even DENT the steel.. Where the 300 wsm just about knocks the target over if you hit it on one side or the other and even the factory loads are making 1/4" gouges in the steel.

I am continuing to clear the lane where I am shooting and will hopefully have a 1000 yard shot soon...

DK Firearms

Top Bottom