• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I had to go repair both of my feeders a couple days ago,I've got a monster hog that figured out how to knock the over. The legs were just thin walled tubing,and he could bend them causing the feeders to fall over. So,I built some new heavy duty legs with 8"x8" plates for feet,and have four 2ft rods holding down each leg.
    Anyway,I got some interesting pics of some deer and hogs on the ranch. There are 3 young bucks coming to one feeder,and one of them has ear tags in both of his ears. There are no deer farms or high game fenced ranches anywhere in the surrounding area,and we can't figure out where this buck came from.
    I'm going to call the game warden in the area,and see if they have tagged any deer in the area around there.
    It's the buck on the right-

030_zpsa669f5b5.jpg

029_zps8058ff66.jpg

I think this doe made the right choice here. There are two decent sized boars that run together,and they were coming into the feeders,but only one was in this picture with the doe getting out of there.

1659_zps788ff5d5.jpg
    Guns International

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    There are 2-3 bucks that I've got on my hit list this year,they are all older bucks,and this big 8 point is one of them. He's on the right in this picture,and hard to see really good,but he has a great rack on him.

1228_zps213745df.jpg

1229_zps764262b3.jpg

1237_zps62510b18.jpg

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Nice potential bucks! Need to get out there some night for some hog eradication!

We hunt hogs up here year round,Being right on the Red River we have an endless supply of them. I usually shoot them right before daylight on this place.
    Since it's been so hot,we haven't hunted them all summer and they come out between 5am-7am,and then return around 8pm-10pm.

Here's the big monster that's been tearing the feeders up,I think he's going to have a date with the 458 SOCOM.
    That's a grown Black Angus cow behind him!

2502_zps2513b9b4.jpg

2495_zpsa7b67a0b.jpg

2494_zpsd5203d4c.jpg

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nice buck txhb, it looks as if it will be a good year for 'horns' down here too, I'll try to get some photos of a couple of my bigger deer. If that's an American Hunter timer on your barrel I sure would appreciate the 'Cliffs Notes' version of how to set it!MP

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Cool pics.
    Some good looking bucks, and so many hogs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Nice buck txhb, it looks as if it will be a good year for 'horns' down here too, I'll try to get some photos of a couple of my bigger deer. If that's an American Hunter timer on your barrel I sure would appreciate the 'Cliffs Notes' version of how to set it!MP

I'm not sure what timer is on that feeder,my cousin bought that feeder after the one I had in that location was busted up by the hogs. I had to order a new barrel,motor for the damaged one,and all of mine are Moultrie's.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yall are stirring some feelings.
    I ain't been hunting in years.

Momma done ok'd a new feeder, I've never had a trail cam.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Yall are stirring some feelings.
    I ain't been hunting in years.

Momma done ok'd a new feeder, I've never had a trail cam.

Tell her Texas Parks and Wildlife requires a camera on every feeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Nice pictures, what camera do you use?

I want to know also.

These were taken with the Browning Recon Force trail camera's. I bought two of them since my Bushnell Trophy cam's started having problems.

That's an hour from me. How much for a three day?

Sorry,But you'll just have to find your own place and spend years trying to manage the deer on the property like we have. It takes a lot of time/money/labor to get quality animals on a place,and then we only take a few off it every year. These are all free ranging animals,but most of the landowners have seen how having good game management practices pay off in a few years.

Top Bottom