Someone at TGT will know / CHL

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
I am traveling to Iowa to go hunting and I want to carry there. It should be no big deal BUT I have heard that possibly at one time Iowa had a weird rule that you could not carry while hunting. I have searched all over and have never found anything that proves that this rule/law existed and/or if it is still in place.

Anyone at TGT know if this law exiits and if it does can you provide a link or is it untrue?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
It is only illegal to conceal carry while bowhunting...

571 I.A.C. § 106.7(6)

“while hunting deer, to carry or have in possession a rifle except as provided in 106.7(3) and 106.7(5). It shall be unlawful for a person hunting with a bow license to carry a handgun unless that person also has a valid deer hunting license and an unfilled transportation tag that permits a handgun to be used to take deer.”

Section 724.7 does not alter the application of this section. Thus, a person still cannot possess a handgun while bowhunting “unless that person also has a valid deer hunting license and an unfilled transportation tag that permits a handgun to be used to take deer.”

Source
This second source confirms that:

Iowa Handgun Laws (page 9)

Cheers! M2

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
It is only illegal to conceal carry while bowhunting...

This second source confirms that:

Iowa Handgun Laws (page 9)

Cheers! M2
Thanks! Most likely I would have never found that. I will make sure NOT to take a bow while pheasant hunting and carrying co concealed lol. It would appear to be a bullshit aw that needs a provision for CHL.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member