• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Went out to the ranch today, and my damn camera got stolen. Locking cable is still intact, with the little clip from the camera just dangling off the end. Was really excited to see those photos. Dang it.

Next time, I'm gonna hide a game camera that watches my game camera.

Ok, rant over.
    Gun Zone Deals

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Went out to the ranch today, and my damn camera got stolen. Locking cable is still intact, with the little clip from the camera just dangling off the end. Was really excited to see those photos. Dang it.

Next time, I'm gonna hide a game camera that watches my game camera.

Ok, rant over.
    sorry! put a claymore around the tree

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Prox mines were always my favorite way to play 007 Goldeneye.

Here we go:

darysyza.jpg

a5ava9ys.jpg

5azy3e7e.jpg

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    sorry to hear that.... was anything else taken?.... what about the neighboring ranches? if you dont know the owners of the property next to you.... it might be a good time to meet them and start a conversation....

Last edited:

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    That's BS! Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. We catch the neighbors (of our lease) on our cameras once in a while, but they are usually looking for a cow or one of their hog hunting dogs, but nothing is ever stolen. I guess we're just lucky. Of course we've gone out of our way to be friendly to the locals.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My dad uses game cameras for a little hillbilly home security - catching a record of everyone who uses the driveway, front door and back door to his house. Plus, he gets pictures of his wildlife. Funny thing, if you find the right spot to mount one it'll blend right in to an oak tree. There's been times I couldn't find cameras for several minutes even when I knew what tree to look at.

You might try finding a tree with dark-colored bark next time...

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    lol.. Ive got one at my front gate :) you see some odd stuff happening some days too.

weird thing though, I went to retrieve the card and the camera was dead and when I opened the door I found an army of ants invaded the guts :( does this happen alot? I've never had it happen before.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    lol.. Ive got one at my front gate you see some odd stuff happening some days too.

weird thing though, I went to retrieve the card and the camera was dead and when I opened the door I found an army of ants invaded the guts :( does this happen alot? I've never had it happen before.

I've see ants shut down AC units here in Texas. They are a specific breed that are attracted to anything electric.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Per my understanding, the ants in question eat the insulation off of the wires. They can kill fiber optic lines pretty quickly and cause thousands in damage.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've heard of game wardens taking cameras if they think you're hunting out of season. Might want to check with them. BS, but I guess they can do whatever they want...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The specific story I heard was the game warden took the camera and left his business card. I guess the landowner would have been completely unaware if the business card had fallen into the leaves or something. This is third party info, so who knows...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'd tape of the flash and lens of your new game came. Clean the surface with alcohol. 3M spray glue the crap out of it. And dust, shake, cover the thing. With whatever bark of tree your using. That includes straps. If the lens and flash stand out, snag some panty hose for the other half. Try it on the lens, see how the pics come out.

Hide it, just dont stick it in a tree. Cuz if you dont....Might as well, threw it out the truck window on the way there.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I was walking along hugging the trees and the trees were grateful. At the very last tree I hugged the tree gods gave me a camera, pre loaded with beautiful pictures of woodland animals at play. Oh such wonderful Deer. Thank you tree gods.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was walking along hugging the trees and the trees were grateful. At the very last tree I hugged the tree gods gave me a camera, pre loaded with beautiful pictures of woodland animals at play. Oh such wonderful Deer. Thank you tree gods.

Can u show me the bush you chewed on, on the way to that trail cam?

Top Bottom