APOD Firearms

Sometimes getting old and forgetful can be fun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm old.
    Sometimes I forget things.
    My reloading bench has 25yrs of accumulation stuffed up underneath it.
    So today I decide to clean all that stuff out.
    Y Carumba!
    Found 2000 30cal 150gr FMJ's, 1500 22 55gr FMJ's, 1000 Large rifle primers, bags of brass in oddball calibers.
    Need some 30-40Krag, 218Bee, or 303 savage brass?
    The list goes on....cleaning rod sections, cast bullets in 8mm, .303 Brit, some more lead ingots, 8lb jug of IMR4895, and a bird nest. :beats:

I laff at Midway and Brownell's today. :roflsmile:
    Texas SOT

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Don't forget your closet. Found a NIB pair of shoes I don't remember buying in mine last week. Sad thing is I moved the box out of my way more than once in the past few years and never looked inside, I think. The slope on the downside is progressively steeper... ;)

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Don't remember if I posted this here before, but earlier this year while cleaning out a closet I found a dozen forgotten bricks of .22 ammo.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Rummaged through some old cardboard boxes in the store room and found a brand new Leupold scope I did not know I had. Drove up to Cabela's to find a proper rifle that would fit the scope.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Shoot, you guys are amatures when it comes to forgetting things. I once hid a gun in the house and forgot where I hid it. It was like a Christmas Present when I found it two years later.

Jungle Work

This just happened to me today.
    Was digging around in the closet and that darned old AK fell out and hit me on the head. OUCH!
    So thats where that thing went to?!?!?!
    :roflfunny:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Sometimes getting old and forgetful can be fun.
    But only rarely! I grew up in in the 40's and 50' and was in the Army in the 60's. I never thought I would get this old.

I read a lot of books, mostly checked out from the public library. Numerous times of starting to read a newly checked out book, I would realize in the first few pages that I had read it before. I read a lot of books, so to prevent this I had to start an Excel spreadsheet of new releases of authors I wanted to read, books already on reserve for when they came to the library, and books I had already read. And on books already read I initiated a rating system which helped prevent me from ever checking out again an author whose previouse books I had read and strongly disliked.

And if Netflx didn't have a log of all movies I had rented, watched and rated, that I could look up, I would have to start a spreadsheet for those also!

Yes, sometimes getting old and foregetful can be fun, but not many. But it sure does beat the alternative!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    But only rarely! I grew up in in the 40's and 50' and was in the Army in the 60's. I never thought I would get this old.

I read a lot of books, mostly checked out from the public library. Numerous times of starting to read a newly checked out book, I would realize in the first few pages that I had read it before. I read a lot of books, so to prevent this I had to start an Excel spreadsheet of new releases of authors I wanted to read, books already on reserve for when they came to the library, and books I had already read. And on books already read I initiated a rating system which helped prevent me from ever checking out again an author whose previouse books I had read and strongly disliked.

And if Netflx didn't have a log of all movies I had rented, watched and rated, that I could look up, I would have to start a spreadsheet for those also!

Yes, sometimes getting old and foregetful can be fun, but not many. But it sure does beat the alternative!

First few pages!!! I once re-read an entire book and didn't realize it till the last chapter. :o

Top Bottom